armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Steyr is a class weapon, and its got a great record on jams.... easy to clear too... however, I would not engage at close quarters in any scenario without a good sidearm.. Your pic is short barrel AUG which is only an adaption for drivers, paratroppers and certain SF requirements... Standard barrel length is fine, and we have them now with M203 launchers fitteed underneath the standard barrel... A fine weapon... have some questions on accuracy stretching to 300 yards and ease of reload, but I would say the 416 measures up too... thats my first impression anyway...
Well and like you said yeah this short barrel version is made for SF or paratroopers for the fast use when drooping in some landing zone or when making a CQB mision.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:46 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibil1944 View Post
Yeah but i think that next tech will be like the mp7 just a thought
Yea, saw the MP7 overview, and its impressive... but the real deal in future assault rifle tech is the "individual rifle"... its got a 5.56 rifle short barrel for self defence.... and a 20mm cannon underneath it with a 10 round capicity... Awesome..... Didnt get into its targeting or scoping, but I assume its got an emergency battle sight so field of vision is impared in close quarter fighting due to scoping.. Its a kick *** AR for sure... check this bad boy out!!!....

[url]http://world.guns.ru/assault/as40-e.htm[/url]

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

The Objective Individual Combat Weapon was a project that was scrubbed back in 2004.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
The Objective Individual Combat Weapon was a project that was scrubbed back in 2004.
Wow... really??... I saw a documentary during the week that held this weapon as the future of the AR.... nothing was mentioned of it being scrubbed.... any chance it was reinstated??.... and why was it scrubbed in the first place?...

Old 02-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

DOubt it, it was way too pricey. Maybe if Tech costs go down. I think the M16 family is stiking around until the price of the SCAR goes down. I have that as the replacement of the M16/M4.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Sergeant First Class

This may sound weird but I don't think the SCAR fits/looks right for American forces. But that's just me.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
DOubt it, it was way too pricey. Maybe if Tech costs go down. I think the M16 family is stiking around until the price of the SCAR goes down. I have that as the replacement of the M16/M4.
The duel barrel approach is already in existance... Recently, the Irish Army augmented the AUG range with duel purpose Steyrs with an M203 fitted under the standard barrel making it an infantry support weapon.... our fighting sections have benefited from this change for sure.. AR 15, FAMAS, SA80, STEYR AUG, AK Series, SKS series all have long lives ahead for sure.. as the only real benefit of the 20mm Cannon as the lead weapon in the Individual Rifle was its reload and fire rate...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Sergeant First Class

UPDATE:

Dragon Fire 2-It's an automated mortar system which gives the Marines advanced speed & precision. It's pretty sweet lol, it loads, finds, attack and shoots within 18 seconds and 10 shells can be shot per minute. Even if the automated system breaks or doesn't work anymore it can still be used manually.

Pics and more info: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Fire_(mortar[/url])

The picture shows the system in a vehicle its really pretty small. Also there is only one that has been produced in the world.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4M203 View Post
UPDATE:

Dragon Fire 2-It's an automated mortar system which gives the Marines advanced speed & precision. It's pretty sweet lol, it loads, finds, attack and shoots within 18 seconds and 10 shells can be shot per minute. Even if the automated system breaks or doesn't work anymore it can still be used manually.

Pics and more info: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Fire_(mortar[/url])

The picture shows the system in a vehicle its really pretty small. Also there is only one that has been produced in the world.
nothin there lad....

Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Sergeant First Class

Did a quick search and found this, hope it works:

[url]http://www.blackanthem.com/Weapons/dragonfireii.html[/url]

Also a very neat video about the HK416.

[url]http://www.blackanthem.com/Weapons/dragonfireii.html[/url]