Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Corporal

Quote:
plus i found out u are german
so if this is just some silly we hate british things u can get lost
I don't hate the British - in fact, I have some British friends. However, it is a fact that GB has a bad military record.
Quote:
we do have a better military than u its a fact
And that is only because so far the US didn't allow us to have nukes.
Quote:
do u know what the germans said in the wars. if we had had british commanders we would own the world
No, German commanders said, "If we had two Australian divisions, we would conquer the world".

Old 11-13-2005, 03:54 AM
Command Sergeant Major

that wasnt just some German commander that said that, it was my homeboy Rommel, you know, the one Montgomery feared until the arrival of Patton. im joking, no need to get your british knickers in a knot

but he dd say that. British Commanders... HA... you mean the same ones that sent my ancestors to the slaughter on the WRONG beach at Gallipoli? oh yeah, i'd so love to have commanders like that.

but times have a changed, and Britain has grown up (only because she had to). you have some of the finest military leaders in modern history, as do the Americans.

but i still put it to TopGun, what black marks do the British have against their name, apart from Gallipoli, because i already said that one ?

Old 11-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun
GB? You must be joking. They have a bad military record.
Regarding Australia, their military is too small to be considered one of the best militaries in the world.
Which record would that be please elaborate ?
2 World wars and numerous conflicts since ,all ending in victory for the British army. Where as Germany has lost 2 world wars and a third of her country and all her colonies .

Last edited by Spike; 11-13-2005 at 07:56 AM..

Old 11-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Beagle

They say over here

The brit's bring in the skill, The yank's bring in the stuff

Ide certainly agree, All of the American Training program's sound alot less strainful than any of the Brit one's

B
By a free country, I mean a country where people are allowed, As long as they do not hurt their neighbours, To do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like

Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun
I don't hate the British - in fact, I have some British friends. However, it is a fact that GB has a bad military record.

And that is only because so far the US didn't allow us to have nukes.

No, German commanders said, "If we had two Australian divisions, we would conquer the world".
You are silly boy . Pakistani Army model of British army . You think bad record , you try conquer india and much in africa . You know about what in book not truth only fiction .
Many opinion here not true ,silly bravado

Old 11-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
Which record would that be please elaborate ?
2 World wars and numerous conflicts since ,all ending in victory for the British army.
Here is a list of wars they lost:

Roman conquest
First Danish conquest
Second Danish conquest
Norse conquest
War with France in 1214
The Hundred Years War
American Revolution
War against the United States in 1812
Quote:
Where as Germany has lost 2 world wars
We won many wars.
Quote:
and a third of her country
We lost only East Prussia as a result of war.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmarinehopefull
see i always find it hard between US and UK as they both have brilliant militery capabilties but UK trainning is considerbly better. US has that ever expanding technology egde on UK, but all in all both great.

ozzies may not have as many men as china but its not always numbers that count.
the chinese arn't the best trained and still use aged equipment.

as for russia still capable of some damage but no real threat,
(lets just hope thier not hidding anything up thier sleaves).
What makes UK training so much better? As history has it you guys lost to a bunch of poorly trained colonials. Hell, even the Zulu gave you guys a run for your money. I went to the British Army's website and I don't see anything much different than how our troops are trained. If anything it seems you guys are more lenient.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

you really dont ****ing get it do you topdick
the zulus out numbered us by something like 30 to 1
how about you get told to piss off somewhere in the countryside of zululand (or whatever) and halt the advance of FASANDS UPON FASANDS of zulus
rorkes drift was one of the most brilliant battles for the british because of the amount of gallantry which took place and professionalism,we didnt **** our pants when millions of zulus stormed towards our strongpoint and guess what,we held them back and they called for a surrender/friendship kind of thing
as for zulu dawn we retreated due to number of zulus

on the british army website it will tell you that british infantry training is more rigorous than any other country in the world
my dad's mate who is american also said that the american infantry let almost anyone in who can pull a trigger
and for the colonial part yet again i tel you that we beat your army with ease and burned your white house down and your president ran for his life
after that american farmers had a little habit of opening a window all of a sudden when british troops went in to liberate the city and shooting a couple of us then running for his life

Old 11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine
you really dont ****ing get it do you topdick
the zulus out numbered us by something like 30 to 1
how about you get told to piss off somewhere in the countryside of zululand (or whatever) and halt the advance of FASANDS UPON FASANDS of zulus
rorkes drift was one of the most brilliant battles for the british because of the amount of gallantry which took place and professionalism,we didnt **** our pants when millions of zulus stormed towards our strongpoint and guess what,we held them back and they called for a surrender/friendship kind of thing
as for zulu dawn we retreated due to number of zulus

on the british army website it will tell you that british infantry training is more rigorous than any other country in the world
my dad's mate who is american also said that the american infantry let almost anyone in who can pull a trigger
and for the colonial part yet again i tel you that we beat your army with ease and burned your white house down and your president ran for his life
after that american farmers had a little habit of opening a window all of a sudden when british troops went in to liberate the city and shooting a couple of us then running for his life

HAHAHAHA your version of the American Revolution is a little bit off isn't it lol. The US Army's website says the same thing about being the best Army in the world, as I'm sure any Army claims they have the best. The US Army will take anyone willing to be transformed into a soldier and teach him/her how that trigger needs to be pulled for it to work effectively. You guys ultimately beat the Zulu's no need for you to get worked up about them, I never said you lost I said they gave you a hard time. Hundreds of years later and the Zulu's still make you guys nervous huh? lol. Anyways, so you have no actual proof that the UK training is harder? Other than them telling you that it is? Perhaps the actual break down of recruit training.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

RM: while u say that the infintry will let anyone in who can pull a trigger, if i were you i wouldn't say much about ability, i remember a specific post when u criticized a US soldier shooting over a wall. and u failed to see the camera mounted on his gun