armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 12-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Jesus loves me more Jesus loves me more is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
What??.... UNIFIL is not protecting Palestinians at at??.... UNIFIL (United Nations Interim Force In Lebannon) is in Lebannon, NOT Palestine..... and you are as usual WRONG about what good we did for the Lebs... We secured them a chance at peace and stability in South Lebannon, which lead to an uneasy peace for its citizans.... we traded insults with IDF Tank Columns to prevent them passage to torch villages... we tracked and detained active Hez units operating in our area, we protected Farmers out harvesting olives.... we started community programmes for the most deprived communities, we helped youngsters to read and write teaching them English.... we GAVE OUR LIVES TO CREATE A BETTER DAY FOR LEBANNON.... So you self rightous son of a *****... take your bull**** presumptions and stick em up your ***!!....
...and they did nothing while Israel sacked Lebanon this Summer and killed over a 1000 innocents...you should finish the story, it proves my point.

I don't really blame UNIFIL, as I understand it they followed orders. I blame our Governments for refusing to order Israel to stand down - as we could have done at any time. We stood by and watched - Israel even attacked a UNIFIL post and killed several people - our response was to rush the Israelis more bombs.

It is nice that you spent your time there constructively and I am sure they appreciate your help, but it doesn't undo what also happened to them this past Summer.

Also - the rest of the post was about Israel and Palestinians - whom you correctly observe have nothing to do with UNIFIL and so as I said "UNIFIL isn't there to protect the Palestinians"
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-18-2006, 02:46 AM
Jesus loves me more Jesus loves me more is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Wrong again.... under Rabin Israel did make seroius moves towards peace and your President Clinton was a strong advocate of the treaty which was scuppered when Rabin was assisinated by a Jewish Terrorist/Extremist. The resulting voilence was and is regrettable but Israels clinical paranioa of late was not always that bad.... they did make moves on the Palestinian question and Arafat at the time did respond... but peace just around the corner was too much for the Extemists, and a Jewish one took Rabin out... I dont condone the illegal acts committed by the Israeli Government but I dont condone unneccessary critizism of Israel either.... try to get your facts right before going for it...
Actions speak louder than words - while Israel talked about peace they accelerated the pace of Colonization, increased the brutality of the occupation and presented a deal that few if any Palestinians would ever support. It was as clear then as it was in the 40's that Ben Gurion's stated goal of ethnic cleansing has always been the only objective of the Israelis. Clinton could have demanded the Israelis accept the 67 borders (the one that everybody except the US and Israel agrees to) and there would have been a real chance at peace, Israel depends on us for security and would have had to comply with us - but Clinton went through the motions just like every other President and of course it went nowhere.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus loves me more View Post
...and they did nothing while Israel sacked Lebanon this Summer and killed over a 1000 innocents...you should finish the story, it proves my point.

I don't really blame UNIFIL, as I understand it they followed orders. I blame our Governments for refusing to order Israel to stand down - as we could have done at any time. We stood by and watched - Israel even attacked a UNIFIL post and killed several people - our response was to rush the Israelis more bombs.

It is nice that you spent your time there constructively and I am sure they appreciate your help, but it doesn't undo what also happened to them this past Summer.

Also - the rest of the post was about Israel and Palestinians - whom you correctly observe have nothing to do with UNIFIL and so as I said "UNIFIL isn't there to protect the Palestinians"
Irish Batt pulled out of Lebannon 4 yrs ago (Job done), and the post that was oblitterated on purpose was an obversation post for the observer corps..... fyi, observer corps are purely UN designated observers who observe and report what they see on the ground.... Irish Batt was a peacekeeping fighting force equipped for defensive and offensive operations should the need arise under UN rules... The IDF got testy in the early 90s, and we placed SAMs on every second Outpost of ours and 40mm AA batteries which blanketed the south... we called them and left a message, bomb us again, and we will shoot down anything that moves... they listened, Hezbollah went on the rampage, and we went into our first offensive battalion action routing Hezbollah out of our own Batt area and the Ethopian Batt area, we linked up with the Figians and stopped at UN designed area boundaries.... Hez learnt a lesson tostay away, and IDF learnt manners... Dunno why it slipped again.... I condemn the IDF actions of last summer, and cant fathom why UNIFIL was ran over like its wasnt there, but they CANNOT be blamed, for their work in all areas of peacekeeping has to be continued, and should be cheered by all.... As you say, the UN needs to answer why a once respected neutral protection force has been disabled in such a manner.... feckin politics has allot to answer for...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 01-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Jordanarmyman's Avatar
Jordanarmyman Jordanarmyman is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 61
Send a message via AIM to Jordanarmyman
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus loves me more View Post
BTW - UNIFIL isn't there to protect the Palestinians, and it hasn't done much good for the Lebanese, so I don't see it as a material part of the deal.

ok jesus i have just abotu had enough of you. when ever you post you always make fun of another type of person and this time its about me. israel right now is goign through alot with palistien and we dont need some little nerd who sits on his As@ sitting in front of the computer SO SIT NEWB!!!!!!!
__________________
My Favorite Quote

"The Fate Of The World Lies In The Hands Of A Bunch Of Hustlers And Theives"
XXX State Of The Union
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 AM
jmm001847''s Avatar
jmm001847' jmm001847' is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flibberityboobopmoocowshoe
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus loves me more View Post
Actions speak louder than words - while Israel talked about peace they accelerated the pace of Colonization, increased the brutality of the occupation and presented a deal that few if any Palestinians would ever support. It was as clear then as it was in the 40's that Ben Gurion's stated goal of ethnic cleansing has always been the only objective of the Israelis. Clinton could have demanded the Israelis accept the 67 borders (the one that everybody except the US and Israel agrees to) and there would have been a real chance at peace, Israel depends on us for security and would have had to comply with us - but Clinton went through the motions just like every other President and of course it went nowhere.
Man you are DUMB your screen name is Jesus loves me more but your against Israel. Think about it
__________________
Land before Time- Ducky- Yup Yup Yup -
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
Man you are DUMB your screen name is Jesus loves me more but your against Israel. Think about it
Hes an attention seeker.... he doesnt have to think about writing silly posts...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
js_mac's Avatar
js_mac js_mac is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
Man you are DUMB your screen name is Jesus loves me more but your against Israel. Think about it
Well done Columbo. That makes no sense.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
Man you are DUMB your screen name is Jesus loves me more but your against Israel. Think about it
Its JS playing around under one of his mindless characters . If you're wondering which ones he is. They tend to be prone to stupidity and mindless remarks
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!

Last edited by Spike; 01-11-2007 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM
js_mac's Avatar
js_mac js_mac is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Its JS playing around under one of his mindless characters . If you're wondering which ones he is. They tend to be prone to stupidity and mindless remarks
Looks like I've found myself a stalker: A 40-year-old, male, BB gun-owning, fat, ugly, bald, divorcee who's so pathetic that even the RSPCA refuse to pay his fat, unqualified arse a wage. Lucky me!
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 01-12-2007, 07:35 AM
jmm001847''s Avatar
jmm001847' jmm001847' is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flibberityboobopmoocowshoe
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_mac View Post
Looks like I've found myself a stalker: A 40-year-old, male, BB gun-owning, fat, ugly, bald, divorcee who's so pathetic that even the RSPCA refuse to pay his fat, unqualified arse a wage. Lucky me!
LOL you are dumber than you look... Didnt think that could be true but guess so lol.

As for my post not making sence it has to do with biblical issues, but then again you have to know how to read.
__________________
Land before Time- Ducky- Yup Yup Yup -
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.