armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Recruit

Lightbulb I can relate...

I have a very dear boyfriend in Ft Jackson. He and I are inseperable. He is litterally my best friend. I recieved a letter atleast 5 days ago. My best friend was talking as if they were crushing his world. He went in on January 5th and It seemed like its been months. He seemed motivated at first, as well as the letters and phone calls. However, the calls ceased and I began to recieve more and more letters stating that I wasnt writing him. I consulted my brother because he went through both the Navy and NJ state Police training. He explained that sometimes they hold the mail for more than a week. Depending upon which tasks are taking place that day. Once he graduated, he started to recieve more and more old mail. He explained that everyday he wanted to quit or asked himself what he was doing there. By the time graduation rolled around he had pushed himself day by day to move forward. And before he knew it it was over. I feel like while they are breaking the service men, they are getting the family prepared as well...they are breaking the need to be co dependent. It may sound wierd but it works. We are expected to be strong, and supportive at the same time. I would think there should be a training for immediate family to the soldiers that they hold so high. Everyone admits its hard, however, it is worth the sacrifice no matter what the circumstances are. Please be strong. And know that your son has found a coping mechanism that works for him. He is just venting to you becuase there is no one he can relate to or let his guard down with...just find inspiration in yourself to understand what is happening and how it may change your life and his. Look to prayer and be a constant reminder of hope to your son. You will be in my prayers as I suffer too...but these are the things that work for me.