armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Corporal

Default First Pay and Mortgage troubles!

I know pay runs around the 1st and 15th or the 15th and 31st... but I was just informed we probably won't see my husband's first pay until April 1st in our account. I called our mortgage company to inform them and they are acting like it is our fault we can't pay the mortgage! I brought up the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act and they are requesting all this paperwork from me. I want to pay this month's mortgage, I just don't have the money...

Going a month without money is going to be stressful enough. Anyway... I have looked up the SCRA online and it is all legal jargin to me. Does this act protect us from late fees on our mortgage? Do I need to make specific requests in regards to the late fees being removed from our account and do I need to make specific requests that it not be reported to the credit bureaus? Also, I know the 6% cap can benefit us, only if we can prove he makes less than he did before he left. But, when they want to know if he makes less, do they include BAH and FSA allowances as part of his pay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Corporal

Don't know if this will help or not....

[url]http://www.dfas.mil/garnishment.html[/url]

If all else fails, call the nearest General Counsel Office.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Pay problems

First off I cant believe the Army is taking so long to get him paid. That doesnt sound right at all. Whenever I went active (multiple times) It never took longer than 2 weeks to get my pay squared away. Anyway got [url]www.armyonesource.com[/url] They also have a 1-800 number you can call to get a live person that will help you. This website handles everything!! They were invaluable to my wife when I was deployed.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Corporal

We received his first pay in our account today!