armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Corporal

Default "Banner Rolled?"

What does it mean when my husband says their banner was rolled... i.e. their flag? They are in Red Phase... he said it was a bad thing... Can someone explain the terminology to me?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Captain

A Drill Sergeant will roll a platoon's banner if they feel they are not motivated or that they are not acting how they should be. While the banner is rolled up you are not allowed to call cadence or sound off until it's unrolled. It's a punch to the pride really.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Corporal

He said it was bad stuff, but didn't explain how. Thanks for clearing that up for me! I guess being taken down a notch is pretty bad! He said the DS gave them time to talk amongst themselves to make sure they were going to shape up and work as a team. The platoon decided to do shape up... I think that was a good move!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Private First Class

Talking

She explained what banner rolled meant but as far as phases

Red phase: you must have a drill sergeant around you at all times and you get group punishment one person ruins it for all.

White phase: Drill sergeant are a little more lenient and they donít stay there all night while sleeping (like on red phase) you do fire watch means sitting up and watching for fires.

Blue phase: drill sergeants are even more lenient and your about to graduate from basic in this phase you take your PT(physical training) test which determines if you go onto AIT.