armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Recruit

Smile New Army Wife with 9 month old son, 1st child...

Hi my name is Kelsey and my husband Willie just joined the Army and was sent off for BCT and has been gone a week, miss him like crazy. He told me I could use this place to meet other Army wifes but I'm not very good at these forum things. But any help and advice and friendliness helps!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie's Wife View Post
Hi my name is Kelsey and my husband Willie just joined the Army and was sent off for BCT and has been gone a week, miss him like crazy. He told me I could use this place to meet other Army wifes but I'm not very good at these forum things. But any help and advice and friendliness helps!
Hi Kelsey. There are lots of wives and moms on here. If you have questions just ask and someone will answer. It will go by faster than you think.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Recruit

Default Phone calls

I believe my husband just arrived on base after going through reception (I think that's what it was called) this past wednesday. How long till he will be able to call? Is there a specific day for making phone calls???

Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Private

They should have called to let you know that they've safely arrived. Usually after a few weeks they might be allowed to call. Being able to call your family isn't always a given. They have to earn it. Usually on Sundays they do pretty much nothing. Thats when my husband usually called me when he was in BCT.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Brigadier General

When your husband calls you can expect a very short conversation. Everybody else will want to use the phones. One of the first things you can mail him with your first letter to him should be a phone card. Try it out before sending it to him to make sure it works. He'll be able to buy phone cards at the PX but he might not have the time to go to the PX and make a call.

Which post is your husband at? Things will get a bit looser after a few weeks & when he gets to AIT he should have more privileges. Don't expect many calls. Rejoice when you get one & consider that a welcome extra. He'll be very busy. I can only relate to Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning but I know that each BCT class is unique & privileges are granted at the whim of the Drill Sgt & also are set by the policies of his BCT command & the post where he's at.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Last edited by MSG Glenn; 03-13-2009 at 08:31 AM..

Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 AM
First Lieutenant

hey kelsey!

my bf got sent to BCT early February. and its already march 13! its been going by pretty fast. but it gets really hard. just write letters and stay in touch and you'll see him sooner than you think!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
When your husband calls you can expect a very short conversation. Everybody else will want to use the phones. One of the first things you can mail him with your first letter to him should be a phone card. Try it out before sending it to him to make sure it works. He'll be able to buy phone cards at the PX but he might not have the time to go to the PX and make a call.

Which post is your husband at? Things will get a bit looser after a few weeks & when he gets to AIT he should have more privileges. Don't expect many calls. Rejoice when you get one & consider that a welcome extra. He'll be very busy. I can only relate to Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning but I know that each BCT class is unique & privileges are granted at the whim of the Drill Sgt & also are set by the policies of his BCT command & the post where he's at.
so in Ft. Benning how much phone privileges do you get? and why does it take so long to recieve letters from there?

Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Corporal

My husband is at FLW... he left on Feb 25 and is now at his BCT station. The first call I got was on March 4th... it was 3 minutes. The second call I got was Sunday for ten minutes. Write as many letters as you can and be prepared to send him stamps and other necessities he may ask for. He WILL call... as for when... there's no telling! If he doesn't have a cell, my husband told me the lines for the pay phones are INSANE... he tried to call me numerous times during Reception and finally gave up because his wait was 2 or more hours each time... he has a cell... does Willie?

Where is Willie stationed?