armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Corporal

Default MyPay account

My husband didn't sign up for it, but I couldn't help but notice it on the FLW's website. What is it, how does it work, and what do we need to do to get one? It said something about registering the CAC? What is that?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach2heaven1108 View Post
My husband didn't sign up for it, but I couldn't help but notice it on the FLW's website. What is it, how does it work, and what do we need to do to get one? It said something about registering the CAC? What is that?
My husband got training on mypay just before he left for BCT, so this is just my brief experience.
my husband logged on to the site using his login in name and password, that they had given him at 1st weekend in NG. But I do not think you need that to have paycheck deposited in bank account. he should have taken a voided check, and they just send payment to his account.

good luck!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Corporal

Our pay is supposed to go into our bank account. I did find a note on usmilitary.about.com about first pay. It said if the paperwork is not entered into the computer by the 7th of the month, then it will be deposited the 1st of the month, so we will have to wait 30 days. I was just wondering if myPay was a way for me to check on his pay, or if it was a bank account.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach2heaven1108 View Post
I was just wondering if myPay was a way for me to check on his pay, or if it was a bank account.
From what I saw, we could request paper stub of check, could see pay and any extra pay or withholdings. I guess it could help you check on his pay, cause the bank account is just the end reciever of the transfer.

I would "ask" you husband for account information, it doesn't hurt to ask, he might not have all the info. since he does not have internet access on BCT. Or might not want to ask for fear of getting smoked. LOL.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Captain

Every Soldier gets set up on My Pay. It is up to them whether or not they allow their spouses to have access to it. Soldiers can set up their spouses a "guest account" that allows them to see the LES (the Army's pay stub) but not make any changes.

My Pay is just to see your LES and what will be deposited in your bank account. Your current LES is usually put up about a week before each pay day.

The Army is going to do away with paper copies at some point.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Corporal

Considering his DS is bad, I think he just wants to keep his act together, not ask questions, and do the work and not worry about having to get "smoked" for anything!!! He has hated that! I sent him a letter inquiring about the myPay and when we talked yesterday he said he knew I was stressing about money but not to worry, it would make it in there!