armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Corporal

Default AIT date?

My husband's AIT date was May 18th. However, they had something happen and over half the platoon wasn't shipped in until this past Monday, the 9th. As of Tuesday, they still had not started Basic. I called his recruiter to find out about his AIT date, because originally his BCT graduation was supposed to be May 14th or 15th... now they are saying 71 days and a wakeup until graduation. His recruiter said they will either graduate him early or move his AIT date... when should we know what they are going to do?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Corporal

And a wakeup!!! As a civilian, I think this phrase is ... superfluous. My husband uses it all the time.

It was week 3 or 4 when my husband heard the graduation date. Of course, there were rumors of "early graduation" (carrot and stick methods, I suppose). It was like 5 weeks prior to graduation that we got the offical invitation confirming graduation date.
I am not sure about early graduation??? Sometimes people mention going to a later AIT and then waiting a few weeks until it starts. sorry!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Corporal

My husband got another call today! YAY! Anyway, he and I talked about it and I told him the welcome letter said week 5 we would know for sure. If he has to wait, he has to wait... after all... the Army's motto, "Hurry up and wait..." Right?