armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Jews did live in harmony as minority ethnic groups in the Middle east for centuries... WW2 changed that, there are many examples of Jews and Muslims co-existing, but as we have the war drums beating these days, we choose to ignore them....
There are still those there who would like to live in peace with one another. Should they be able to tell the majority to accept that?

Old 02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
There are still those there who would like to live in peace with one another. Should they be able to tell the majority to accept that?
Honestly, I think it is the majority that want to live in peace with one another.... the radicals are in the minority on all sides, and use fear to control the rest until bitterness takes hold on a larger portion of the population.... This is a tactical goal of modern terrorism, the use of fear to control the environment and thus allowing the acheivement of further aims/goals....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Sergeant

Hi guys! I only wanted to put my 2 cents in and say that A.Hister's (or however he calls himself) arguments are kinda weak, thus not very trustworthy (I am sure you guys have already found that out :-)). Oh, and even though he sounds like he is not totally anti-semitic (sorry if I misconcluded since I didn't even read through all of the posts), he gives me the feeling that he totally is- why on earth would you (or rather him) use totally semitic words as in "Deutschland über alles" (isn't it actually verboten to still say this?) otherwise?!?

Old 02-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Honestly, I think it is the majority that want to live in peace with one another.... the radicals are in the minority on all sides, and use fear to control the rest until bitterness takes hold on a larger portion of the population.... This is a tactical goal of modern terrorism, the use of fear to control the environment and thus allowing the acheivement of further aims/goals....
I agree with most of that.

I also think the hate between the muslim world and the Jew's, is not a minority feeling. Point me to a place/link to prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetashoney View Post
Hi guys! I only wanted to put my 2 cents in and say that A.Hister's (or however he calls himself) arguments are kinda weak, thus not very trustworthy (I am sure you guys have already found that out :-)). Oh, and even though he sounds like he is not totally anti-semitic (sorry if I misconcluded since I didn't even read through all of the posts), he gives me the feeling that he totally is- why on earth would you (or rather him) use totally semitic words as in "Deutschland über alles" (isn't it actually verboten to still say this?) otherwise?!?

Yea, his credibility is shot. I hit him with a kill shot twice on his previous posts...Lol. He started his crazy stuff about the nazis..He started trouble and took shots at my friends jrj100 and Ex about certain issues....then he comes back and acts like it never happened. The guys... have given him a pass twice........Lol.

Nightflyer.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 02-24-2007 at 04:55 PM..

Old 02-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetashoney View Post
Hi guys! I only wanted to put my 2 cents in and say that A.Hister's (or however he calls himself) arguments are kinda weak,
Which arguements?

Quote:
thus not very trustworthy
I have only posted facts.That is a fact

Quote:
Oh, and even though he sounds like he is not totally anti-semitic (sorry if I misconcluded since I didn't even read through all of the posts), he gives me the feeling that he totally is- why on earth would you (or rather him) use totally semitic words as in "Deutschland über alles" (isn't it actually verboten to still say this?) otherwise?!?
You're an idiot

The "official" name of the German National Anthem is Das Lied der Deutschen, or simply, Das Deutschlandlied. The song is often called Deutschland ueber Alles, simply because those are the opening words of the first stanza. It is virtually unknown today that the expression "über alles", or "before all [others]" refers not to the conquest or enslavement of other countries or the establishment of German hegemony over other peoples, but rather to a call for all Germans to abandon their concept of being a subject or citizen of this or that principality or region (such as Bavaria or Prussia) and to realize the common bond they had with one another by simply being German. This concept was considered "revolutionary" at the time the words were written in 1841, since loyalty to "Germany" was considered by the princelings and kings of the disunited Reich (divided into 40-plus separate states) to be disloyalty to themselves. This "All-German" idea was suspect because it was also associated with the rising middle classes and their suppressed Frankfurt assembly of 1848.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Yea, his credibility is shot. I hit him with a kill shot twice on his previous posts...Lol.
You don't have that ability. It is sad when people make up lies to inflate their pathetic persona. I am German and proud of it.

Quote:
He started his crazy stuff about the nazis
Wrong again. I never once posted about the Nazi's I have made posts on the German Army.

Quote:
..He started trouble and took shots at my friends jrj100 and Ex about certain issues
Wrong again, they took shots at me. Because they are bullies., and a bit thick. Their understanding of German history is limited also.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Sergeant

Thumbs down

You're an idiot

The "official" name of the German National Anthem is Das Lied der Deutschen, or simply, Das Deutschlandlied. The song is often called Deutschland ueber Alles, simply because those are the opening words of the first stanza. It is virtually unknown today that the expression "über alles", or "before all [others]" refers not to the conquest or enslavement of other countries or the establishment of German hegemony over other peoples, but rather to a call for all Germans to abandon their concept of being a subject or citizen of this or that principality or region (such as Bavaria or Prussia) and to realize the common bond they had with one another by simply being German. This concept was considered "revolutionary" at the time the words were written in 1841, since loyalty to "Germany" was considered by the princelings and kings of the disunited Reich (divided into 40-plus separate states) to be disloyalty to themselves. This "All-German" idea was suspect because it was also associated with the rising middle classes and their suppressed Frankfurt assembly of 1848.[/QUOTE]

Sag mal, in welcher Zeit lebst du denn überhaupt? Deutschland über alles war die deutsche Hymne zur Zeit Hitlers und ist seit 1945 verboten worden zu singen (naja, Nazis halten sich ja wahrscheinlich nicht daran, wie an vieles nicht).. von daher würde ich eher sagen, dass du ein Idiot bist Und der Grund, wieso das Lied verboten wurde (der Hintergrund für das Lied kann ja wie oben beschrieben richtig sein) ist einfach, dass Hitler es für seine Zwecke verwendet hat und da es seit dieser Zeit eben darauf bezogen wird, ist es verboten...

I hope you can read German if not, you have a problem lol

Old 02-25-2007, 04:51 AM
Command Sergeant Major

The song was chosen for the national anthem of Germany in 1922, at the time of the Weimar Republic. It continued to be used in Nazi Germany, but only its first verse, immediately followed by the Nazi Party's Horst-Wessel-Lied. In 1952, West Germany adopted the third stanza of the Deutschlandlied as its national anthem, and took Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit from it for its motto.

1. Germany, Germany above all *
Above everything in the world *
When, always, for protection and defense
Brothers stand together.
From the Maas to the Memel
From the Etsch to the Belt,
Germany, Germany above all
Above all in the world.

2. German women, German fidelity,
German wine and German song,
Shall retain, throughout the world,
Their old respected fame,
To inspire us to noble deeds
For the length of our lives.
German women, German fidelity,
German wine and German song.

3. Unity and right and freedom
For the German Fatherland;
Let us all strive to this goal
Brotherly, with heart and hand.
Unity and rights and freedom
Are the pledge of fortune grand.
Prosper in this fortune's glory,
Prosper German fatherland

Germany above all means not to bother with petty squabling .It is rude to talk in German on an English site ....du verstehen?

Old 02-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. hister View Post
The song was chosen for the national anthem of Germany in 1922, at the time of the Weimar Republic. It continued to be used in Nazi Germany, but only its first verse, immediately followed by the Nazi Party's Horst-Wessel-Lied. In 1952, West Germany adopted the third stanza of the Deutschlandlied as its national anthem, and took Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit from it for its motto.

1. Germany, Germany above all *
Above everything in the world *
When, always, for protection and defense
Brothers stand together.
From the Maas to the Memel
From the Etsch to the Belt,
Germany, Germany above all
Above all in the world.

2. German women, German fidelity,
German wine and German song,
Shall retain, throughout the world,
Their old respected fame,
To inspire us to noble deeds
For the length of our lives.
German women, German fidelity,
German wine and German song.

3. Unity and right and freedom
For the German Fatherland;
Let us all strive to this goal
Brotherly, with heart and hand.
Unity and rights and freedom
Are the pledge of fortune grand.
Prosper in this fortune's glory,
Prosper German fatherland

Germany above all means not to bother with petty squabling .It is rude to talk in German on an English site ....du verstehen?
no, it isn't rude because I thought you were German. And please stop saying stuff about Germany you don't even know... I am German and I know as a fact that we are not allowed to sing the Deutschland über alles anthem anymore since it is racist. I know that we took the third stanza out and call it our anthem now but the rest is forbidden (please if you wanna argue with me about it, how about you come to Germany and try to sing it there, ok?!?). Because as I already said the rest of the song was used by Hitler for his own propaganda and all the evil stuff he did and therefore, every time one even mentions it, it brings back memories of the Nazi times and the Holocaust therefore we are *luckily* not allowed to sing the other stanzas of the Deutschland über alles anthem anymore besides the third stanza. And Germany above all doesn't mean what you said since it was misused in such a horrible way that every German citizen knows that it simply means Germany over all (as in Germany needs to rule the world and is superior). Verstehst du?