armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 08-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Private

Default none

Last edited by Molly43; 09-03-2007 at 03:52 PM..

Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 AM
Sergeant First Class

she needs to report that to his, i forget what they are called, butthe guy in charge of him. it shows he is mentally unstable and really shouldnt be in the military.....that is kinda weird. but ya she just needs to tell his superiors.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly43 View Post
I will let her know she needs to report this situation, but can someone else also tell me their opinion? And does anyone have any ideas as to why he has these feelings for his Mother? This is so disturbing!
You shouldn't need (or expect) too many opinions on this. I am sure others like myself have read your post and feel it disturbing orthat you are some sick person trying to get kicks off how people can explain this situation.

I know two people who have joined for the wrong reasons and it did not turn them into "mother lovers"... if she has concerns she needs to contact his Commander.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
but can someone else also tell me their opinion?
Yes, shoot him immediately. He's obviously a nut. One bullet and the job is done. Is there anything else we can help you with?

Last edited by Heinrich; 08-26-2007 at 05:37 PM..

Old 08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Private

[ ............

Last edited by Molly43; 01-19-2008 at 07:18 PM..

Old 08-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
I really don't appreciate your tone miss "Fireball". Nor do I appreciate your insinuation that Im some "sick person trying to get my kicks off how people can explain the situation". This is a very close friend of mine, who is trying to deal with this situation the best she can & also as carefully as she can as she doesn't want to get her son in trouble & also wants to make sure she goes about thing's in the best interest of her son, so as not to cause him more emotional trauma than he is already dealing with.

First of all, the reason im asking for opinion's is because I really don't know a lot about this kind of problem. I know it's an unusual situation, but surely someone out there knows what can cause a person to feel this way towards their mother, so don't tell me that I shouldn't "need or expect too many opinions on this". That's what these forums are for, are they not?? To bounce ideas off of other's to see if they can help. Your comment about the two people that you know who joined for the wrong reasons & that it didn't turn them in to "mother lovers" is really black & white! I mean, just because someone joined the military for the wrong reasons, doesn't mean that they will end up with the same emotional problems that her son is having right now!

Im already deeply upset about this & your attitude isn't helping...try not to be so judgemental.

You asked for opinions and got mine... hahaha If you can't take it - don't ask people to share them. If you are needing assistance with the mentally ill - then you should go to a mental health board to try and work out potential problems/reasons.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Last edited by Fireball; 08-26-2007 at 09:18 PM..

Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 AM
Sergeant First Class

fireball wasnt insinuating anything she was just saying, either u are telling the truth and we all think its disturbing, or, and people do do this, ur a crackpot getting kicks off of it. she didnt say u were the second, but that it was a cahnce. we dont know you, so we have to think of the options.

honestly he was probably molested or had some sort of traumatic experience younger, and basic probably broke him mentally. he needs help flat out. being in the military will not help his situation either. so if she tells higher ups, he mightget medically discharged which wont hurt him for getting jobs in the future and might get health benefits to, i dont know. but she needs to report him, after that he needs to beadmitted for observation in a mental ward,

she might not like the options but she needs to look at the long run. either get him out of military and into a clinic, or run the risk of him raping, getting weirdwith kids, or worse. because these types always escalate. im getting a major in psychology so i kinda know what im talkin about.

regardless, you give her thee options and she ahs to do what she needs to do in the long run. either those options or she disowns and moves far away to hide from him. that is all i can think of.

oh and the one guys comment wasa bit douchy, but hes proably young and doesnt care. just ignore it.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Heinrich, I hope your not in the Military, pretty scarry!! Yeah...get a life A_ _ H_ _ _!!
This is Army dot com not perverts dot com. He needs a shrink not a thread on here idiot. Now Eff off and shoot yourself as well ....

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Very adult, Heinrich...but you make a good point.
Molly 43-
Him or his mother needs to speak to his CO or 1SG and request a self-referral to Community Mental Health-they will be at his local Troop Medical Clinic or Hospital.
IF he is trying to get out of the army, this is the wrong way to do it.
IF he is honestly having these feelings he should be in counseling and his mother may want to keep her distance for the time being.
So, the first step is to utilize that free health-care and get a self referral. By the way, you personally can call his CO about this.
That all being said, this is certainly the wrong place to ask, as no one here (AFAIK) is a credentialed mental health professional.
Here is a good site:
[url]http://www.mentalhealth.com/[/url]
Good luck.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan_the_mad View Post
Very adult, Heinrich...but you make a good point.
I know BS when I hear it!