armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Daddy'sleavingMe!

Default My Dad is leaving me

Hi My name is Katelyn i am 14 years old and my dad is leaving in may to go to iraq. HE wnt during Desert Storm when i was to young to really even knwo so it didnt make a difference, but this time im not dealing well with it. I really dont kwn wat to expect of it i fear wat if i never get to see him agian or wat if he gets hurt this really scares me and i really am not good at shoing my emotions towards him and i really dont knwo wat to do if some one could please give me some help or give me soem advice on this i would greatly appreacite this
Katelyn

Old 03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam2009

You could write him letters and send them through the mail, but if you do, send more that one of the same letter so that if he doesn't get the first one he might get the second one with the same information. From all the books, movies, and magazines I have read the troops love to get mail the most because it reminds them what they want to get back to. So I I were you I would write him letters abouts things that concern you.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Private

Hi Katelyn! Some advice from me would be to make sure you spend some time with your dad before he gets deployed. I know that at fourteen its extremly hard to show your emotions especially with your parents. He doesn't have to see you cry to know that you're going to miss him, he knows. And make sure you give him a BIG hug and kiss (even if its awkward) and tell him you love him before he leaves. And write him as often as you can, that is very important advice. And know that your father is very well trained and he is with many soldiers who are also well trained and one of their biggest jobs out there is to make one another are safe. And they do a good job at that. And sooner than you expect your dad will be home yelling at you to take out the trash and do your homework.