armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com Games > America's Army Game
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to soulchild
Default Games never show up

I can never get the games to show up when I go to the deploy section of the Game. I click refersh and everything but it just keeps saying connecting to Andromeda, or Game Spy. I downloaded verison 2.4 but it doesn't show up on the main screen as 2.4 it still says 2.0!!!! I wanna play before I leave for boot camp! can some1 help me?

Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Private First Class

There a a could things that could be wrong here.

How did you install 2.4? Did you completely delete 2.3 before you installed 2.4? If you didnt you need to. 2.4 is a completely new version of the game, the source code is different and therefore it willnt patch over the previous version like the last ones would. Try uninstalling EVERYTHING related to AA (except for the 2.4 install file), reboot and then install.

You said it still shows 2.0?!?!?!?! Well right there is your problem as to why nothing is showing up when you hit deploy. You have a version of the game that is 3 updates old. If ther version that you have doesnt match the version that the servers are running than that server isnt going to show up. With you having such an old version there are no servers running 2.0, thats why you arent getting anything to come up.

In addition to that, what type of modem do you have? If you have a motorola surfboard cable modem then thats another problem. There is a bug in 2.0 where if you have the afore mentioned modem and try to access the game through the main menu then it will cause the modem to reset. If this is the case you need to download a server viewer (ie AA observer). You can use the program to get the address of a server you want to play and then you can type it in manually.

Any other questions, let me know.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Sergeant

thanks man i uninstalled and reistalled the newest version.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

can you change your regiment and what is the best regiment for a cavilian....even though ill be able to join 75th rangers soon cos im joining royal marines

Old 06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Captain

ok forget about all that help ive done it now but can someone plaease tell me whywhen ive donr the obstacle course for training to continue it says error report so i cant go on next level

Old 06-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine
ok forget about all that help ive done it now but can someone plaease tell me whywhen ive donr the obstacle course for training to continue it says error report so i cant go on next level
I would need to know what error your getting in order to help you more. Are you getting a connection error? A General Protection Fault Error? A Critical Error? What does the message say exactly?

Quote:
can you change your regiment and what is the best regiment for a cavilian....even though ill be able to join 75th rangers soon cos im joining royal marines
Im not exactly sure what you mean by this but if your refering as to how the game is setup with different maps belonging under different divisions (10th Mountian, SF, Ranger) then yes. After you complete the training for the next group of maps (division) then you can play them.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Sergeant

Quote:

I swear I've done the obsticale course lvl 15 times before I got to move on. After I was done doin it I did the first timed run at like 3/4 speed, and the second one I aimed to beat my first time..... try and aim to be done b4 the counter starts blinking....... hope that healped.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Captain

its says error:unknown did it do that with you...hope thisll help

Old 06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
its says error:unknown did it do that with you...hope thisll help

I donno, it's never happend to me. Have you looked at the Americas Army tech support site?

Old 11-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Private First Class

Wink if

if it says error unkown usualy it means u deleted or moved a file an important file that cant be found my suggestion would be to uninstall the whole thing and all other games that are assosiated with aa delet every file manualy if u have to