armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 02-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi-solja View Post
I think this is the most valid point anyone could suggest. But will education ease the xenophobic 'fears', or are they too deeply implanted that even teachers and ministers feel the xenophobia also?
well we have some healthy diversity in our parliament.. so theres no fear of that happening.
unless the whole nation feels somehow wounded...

and thats something which is in nobodys interest.

oh and nice to see you again

Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Sergeant First Class

As my grandad use to say, "Hitler wasn't all wrong" Alot of what he said was true. Unfortunately he was Evil! So people tend to forget that the problems he was addressing were actually quite real. This fact scares the **** out of the liberals who are quick to counter any question over immigration by labeling the right wing a bunch of racists thugs.
I have no problem with Poles or any other nation finding work in the UK as long as the game is a two way one! I am however pissed off with paying an inflated council tax to house thousands of illegal immigrants from Afghanistan, Somalia and a dozen other places. They bring no skills and are a burden on our system.

The Australians had it right stopping those ships in the Pacific a few years back.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
The Australians had it right stopping those ships in the Pacific a few years back.
Straight, unfortunately we couldn't shell them, something to do with 'human rights' or some such crap. We has to imprison them instead.

That in itself was a bugger, 'cos they've all been released since then and 'integrated into our multi-cultural society'. So, 8 years and AU$60 billion later the end result is the same as if we'd ignored them.

Mind you, none of them have proven to be a security risk.

As for my personal history, since all of you were kind enough to enquire:

I didn't end up joining the army. I was accepted to Duntroon RMC through Bridges Company (i was only 18 at the time), but was struck with the flu 10 days prior to going.

After that i tried enlisting, but simply got f__ked around by the recruiters. Sending in references, contact information and job preferences twice in 1 month (because the dopey bastards lost everything), and then being called up and asked if i was still wanting to join, was all a bit much.

This was around the same time that the Army lost Pvt Jake Kovcos body, so you'll know what i was thinking at the time.

I'm currently working in rural Australia as a stockman. But i'm looking at sending an application into the state police service.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi-solja View Post
Straight, unfortunately we couldn't shell them, something to do with 'human rights' or some such crap. We has to imprison them instead.

That in itself was a bugger, 'cos they've all been released since then and 'integrated into our multi-cultural society'. So, 8 years and AU$60 billion later the end result is the same as if we'd ignored them.

Mind you, none of them have proven to be a security risk.

As for my personal history, since all of you were kind enough to enquire:

I didn't end up joining the army. I was accepted to Duntroon RMC through Bridges Company (i was only 18 at the time), but was struck with the flu 10 days prior to going.

After that i tried enlisting, but simply got f__ked around by the recruiters. Sending in references, contact information and job preferences twice in 1 month (because the dopey bastards lost everything), and then being called up and asked if i was still wanting to join, was all a bit much.

This was around the same time that the Army lost Pvt Jake Kovcos body, so you'll know what i was thinking at the time.

I'm currently working in rural Australia as a stockman. But i'm looking at sending an application into the state police service.

Good luck with that Ozz, my cousin was a police officer with the New South Wales Police Force. He liked the job allot..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"