armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 PM
68Whiskey's Avatar
68Whiskey 68Whiskey is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 211
Default Just enlisted

Hello all. I just enlisted into the active Army on 20090422. My MOS is 68W (as you can tell by my handle). I ship out for BCT at Ft. Benning on September 1st and to Ft. Sam for AIT on January 4th. If anybody else on here is or has been a 68W I'm looking to pick your brain for some helpful knowledge on how AIT will be. I hear that the training will be tough but you can learn a lot. If anyone has some helpful information, please respond to this post. Hooah!
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 PM
InsertRankHere's Avatar
InsertRankHere InsertRankHere is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Palm Beach
Posts: 48
Default

Congrats on your enlistment. I ship for Benning AUG 25th, maybe ill see you(although i wouldn't know its you). I know there are a good amount of 68W's on this forum, so be prepared for some info, hopefully. My brother was one, but I couldn't, nor wanted to, follow in his steps.

Congrats again.....and Hooah
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
chodge chodge is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tx
Posts: 74
Default

congrats, but dont have any info for you about 68w.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:18 AM
68Whiskey's Avatar
68Whiskey 68Whiskey is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertRankHere View Post
Congrats on your enlistment. I ship for Benning AUG 25th, maybe ill see you(although i wouldn't know its you). I know there are a good amount of 68W's on this forum, so be prepared for some info, hopefully. My brother was one, but I couldn't, nor wanted to, follow in his steps.

Congrats again.....and Hooah
What MOS did you pick?
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
InsertRankHere's Avatar
InsertRankHere InsertRankHere is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Palm Beach
Posts: 48
Default

11x Opt4, because everyone knows infantry gets all the ladies.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
68Whiskey's Avatar
68Whiskey 68Whiskey is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertRankHere View Post
11x Opt4, because everyone knows infantry gets all the ladies.
That is somewhat true. But just having the uniform usually scores you some points.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 05-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
Hello all. I just enlisted into the active Army on 20090422. My MOS is 68W (as you can tell by my handle). I ship out for BCT at Ft. Benning on September 1st and to Ft. Sam for AIT on January 4th. If anybody else on here is or has been a 68W I'm looking to pick your brain for some helpful knowledge on how AIT will be. I hear that the training will be tough but you can learn a lot. If anyone has some helpful information, please respond to this post. Hooah!
Welcome 68W, great choice of MOS and one that earns top respect in my books... Remember to train hard, cos the training is very valuable for the fight... and 68W has to be at the top of their game, for the fight and the combat medic stuff.... Good luck to you..

Exo..
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
missinhim's Avatar
missinhim missinhim is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
That is somewhat true. But just having the uniform usually scores you some points.
Yes I love the uniform I liked my guy before I saw the uniform. By that jus adds on to how much cuter he is!!
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
68Whiskey's Avatar
68Whiskey 68Whiskey is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Welcome 68W, great choice of MOS and one that earns top respect in my books... Remember to train hard, cos the training is very valuable for the fight... and 68W has to be at the top of their game, for the fight and the combat medic stuff.... Good luck to you..

Exo..
Oh trust me, I plan on training very hard. I want to learn everything I can and try to graduate at the top of my class. It won't be easy, but I'm willing to give my all to come close to this goal. And the better I am at my job, the better off my fellow soldiers will be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.