armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 PM
First Sergeant

Default Just enlisted

Hello all. I just enlisted into the active Army on 20090422. My MOS is 68W (as you can tell by my handle). I ship out for BCT at Ft. Benning on September 1st and to Ft. Sam for AIT on January 4th. If anybody else on here is or has been a 68W I'm looking to pick your brain for some helpful knowledge on how AIT will be. I hear that the training will be tough but you can learn a lot. If anyone has some helpful information, please respond to this post. Hooah!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Corporal

Congrats on your enlistment. I ship for Benning AUG 25th, maybe ill see you(although i wouldn't know its you). I know there are a good amount of 68W's on this forum, so be prepared for some info, hopefully. My brother was one, but I couldn't, nor wanted to, follow in his steps.

Congrats again.....and Hooah

Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Sergeant

congrats, but dont have any info for you about 68w.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:18 AM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertRankHere View Post
Congrats on your enlistment. I ship for Benning AUG 25th, maybe ill see you(although i wouldn't know its you). I know there are a good amount of 68W's on this forum, so be prepared for some info, hopefully. My brother was one, but I couldn't, nor wanted to, follow in his steps.

Congrats again.....and Hooah
What MOS did you pick?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Corporal

11x Opt4, because everyone knows infantry gets all the ladies.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertRankHere View Post
11x Opt4, because everyone knows infantry gets all the ladies.
That is somewhat true. But just having the uniform usually scores you some points.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:02 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
Hello all. I just enlisted into the active Army on 20090422. My MOS is 68W (as you can tell by my handle). I ship out for BCT at Ft. Benning on September 1st and to Ft. Sam for AIT on January 4th. If anybody else on here is or has been a 68W I'm looking to pick your brain for some helpful knowledge on how AIT will be. I hear that the training will be tough but you can learn a lot. If anyone has some helpful information, please respond to this post. Hooah!
Welcome 68W, great choice of MOS and one that earns top respect in my books... Remember to train hard, cos the training is very valuable for the fight... and 68W has to be at the top of their game, for the fight and the combat medic stuff.... Good luck to you..

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
That is somewhat true. But just having the uniform usually scores you some points.
Yes I love the uniform I liked my guy before I saw the uniform. By that jus adds on to how much cuter he is!!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Welcome 68W, great choice of MOS and one that earns top respect in my books... Remember to train hard, cos the training is very valuable for the fight... and 68W has to be at the top of their game, for the fight and the combat medic stuff.... Good luck to you..

Exo..
Oh trust me, I plan on training very hard. I want to learn everything I can and try to graduate at the top of my class. It won't be easy, but I'm willing to give my all to come close to this goal. And the better I am at my job, the better off my fellow soldiers will be.