armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 07-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Corporal

Default French army

Hi there,

I like a lot your talks about military stuff. I know a few about it. I am french. I smile a little when you are bashing french people but it's in the mood for the moment. So keep on going. It will stop one day.

In fact, i would like to know if you can give me your opinions and anlysis about french army and french equipments?
Specially about:

the leclerc, tank master tank

The rafale, multirole fighter

Our range of missiles (Milan, exocet; sidewinder, mica, aster

the famas G3 assault rifle,

The Assault helicopter tiger,

the CVN Charles de Gaulle

Our Stealth frigates

Our Nuclear submarines

Old 07-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Corporal

and...

Our two new BPC Mistral and Tonnerre, which are heavy carriers boats in order to send a strike force anywhere. They would embark 15 choppers like the recent NH-90 or the attack helicopter tiger. But also one twenty leclerc tank several amphibies, jeeps and 500 soldiers.
These boat are conceived like big HQ with very modern technologies.

The A400, this european project concerning a military version of the super jumbo Airbus 380

Thank u for advance

Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando marine
and...

Our two new BPC Mistral and Tonnerre, which are heavy carriers boats in order to send a strike force anywhere. They would embark 15 choppers like the recent NH-90 or the attack helicopter tiger. But also one twenty leclerc tank several amphibies, jeeps and 500 soldiers.
These boat are conceived like big HQ with very modern technologies.

The A400, this european project concerning a military version of the super jumbo Airbus 380

Thank u for advance

The French have some fantastic military equipment . But they don't use it! When are they going get around to using it ?

Old 07-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Corporal

i don't like the way you seems to take...

But...

The French have some fantastic military equipment . But they don't use it! When are they going get around to using it ?

We are actually in a lot of operation theaters. In Ivory coast in africa with a UN mandate we have 3000 soldiers which are in very tenseful situations (nearly civil war). Our troops are there with tanks and light aviation. French soldiers are protecting a DZ and international residents (included US..)

We are always helping US in afghanistan but it's a little secret because it's our special recon force. We are in east europe, africa, south america (guyana)...
South asia
Bosnia
Kosovo
Liban
Tchad

we have several boats and 1300 soldiers on the Tsunami region in order to help (it's not a military mission)

IN fact we have

Old 07-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando marine
i don't like the way you seems to take...

But...

We are actually in a lot of operation theaters. In Ivory coast in africa with a UN mandate we have 3000 soldiers which are in very tenseful situations (nearly civil war). Our troops are there with tanks and light aviation. French soldiers are protecting a DZ and international residents (included US..)

We are always helping US in afghanistan but it's a little secret because it's our special recon force. We are in east europe, africa, south america (guyana)...
South asia
Bosnia
Kosovo
Liban
Tchad

we have several boats and 1300 soldiers on the Tsunami region in order to help (it's not a military mission)

IN fact we have
All laudable (praiseworthy) operations .But Nowhere/nothing of any significance when compared to the war on extremists !
France needs to wake up and throw its weight behind the USA / UK war on terrorism and stop this pathetic charade .You're suppose to be an Ally . I 've lost count of the amount of Americans I meet who do not buy French goods ,and they are very vocal about it . Do you realise how much harm the policeys of your government are doing ? My point is " you have the Army so use it "!
I am not anti French .But yes we feel stabbed in the back!

Old 07-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
All laudable (praiseworthy) operations .But Nowhere/nothing of any significance when compared to the war on extremists !
France needs to wake up and throw its weight behind the USA / UK war on terrorism and stop this pathetic charade .You're suppose to be an Ally . I 've lost count of the amount of Americans I meet who do not buy French goods ,and they are very vocal about it . Do you realise how much harm the policeys of your government are doing ? My point is " you have the Army so use it "!
I am not anti French .But yes we feel stabbed in the back!
Perhaps you can't see the wisdom in French politics.. but i do.
by occupying a country without clear connections to terrorist organisations,
and doing it without UN approval your goverments credibility
has shaken much here in Europe.
We all have an army.. to use it or not is serious question.
there is always price to pay in war. and the prise
is always high.
the war Against Taliban was a justifyed one IMO.
we dont all do politics forcing the issue with violence as litely as the U.S. does.
we dont live in the wildwest.
i'm not anti-U.S. but yes we are a bit worried about the worlds only superpowers
trigger happyness.

but anyhows to the subject at hand...

French army statistics?

soldiers: 259 050
reserve: 100 000

battletanks: 614
other armored: 6030

attack aircraft: 536
attack helicopters: 344

Submarines: 10
war ships : 34
war craft : 65

i have no idea if thease figures are correct..
picked em from Finnish "armies of the EU" presentation.

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 07-12-2005 at 06:31 PM..

Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Major General

"Wisdom in French politics" this has got to be an oxymoron
So 12 years is not long enough for a dictator to conform to the will of the UN ?

How exactly do you get UN approval to go to war ? Countless UN resolutions were ignored by Saddam. Lots of very intelligent people (at the UN) making nice noises let Saddam get away with murder,and were prepared to do nothing about it .Sure, they would want to draw up another resolution ......So he could ignore that one as well ?
The UN stands for nothing if it is not prepared to act.
Lets talk about the UN's Oil for food program in Iraq .Which was just a smoke screen for certain people in high places within the UN getting a nice back hander ,While Iraqi's were dying due to lack of medicines .The US has uncovered lots of shady dealings with Various Companies including a few close to home . Koffi Annan doesnt come out of this looking to good either .
What is the UN doing about Mugabee in Zimbabwe , Nothing ! why ? because they are a bag of wind ...
To be quite frank the UN is a joke .

Last edited by Texas; 07-12-2005 at 09:57 PM..

Old 07-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Major General

AS for terrorist connections .Although there were suspisions that this was going on in Iraq it was never used as an excuse to invade Iraq . The guy (Saddam)refused to co-operate with the inspection teams .He was a menace !
Ever since I was a kid I've heard that the US is trigger happy .This is laughable !
Japan Attacked Pearl Harbour in 41
N.Korea attacked S. Korea in 50
The US has not invaded Cuba ,Castro is still there ...
THe US made a balls of Vietnam but then again so did the French .
So how and where have the US been trigger happy ?
Please tell me I'm dying to know ,and don't quote that idiot Moore,the guys a joke ...

Yours truely

Texas in the wild west

Last edited by Texas; 07-12-2005 at 10:46 PM..

Old 07-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Staff Sergeant

True....i think the excuse was Weapons of (M)*** Destruction......and we know how much was actually found....

Old 07-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman_42
True....i think the excuse was Weapons of (M)*** Destruction......and we know how much was actually found....
The British reason for going to war in Iraq was WMD's .This was not the USA's reason .The USA acted after countless UN resolutions were ignored by Saddam .
Lets face it .......it was unfinished business that should have been resolved 14 years ago ....

Last edited by Texas; 07-13-2005 at 12:34 AM..