View Single Post

Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Payday

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-soldier-my-hero View Post
Hello everyone, I am new to this life. My husband leave for OSUT in May. One of my biggest questions is when will he start getting paid? Will he only get paid once a month or will he get paid after he has graduated OSUT? If he gets paid, will he get paid BAH for his family living back home until he gets his first assignment or will we have to move to GA to get support? Sorry to ask so many questions, I am just trying to make sure we are completely finacially ready for this career move. Thank you to anyone and everyone that can answer my questions.

Staci
Your Soldier will be paid no later than the end of the month on the first month he serves. If he arrived on say the 12th of the month, they pro-rate his pay towards the end of the month. The Army pays Bi-monthly. On the 1st and the 15th. He will be required to have direct deposit so make sure you have all his bank information before he leaves so you will have access to his funds. The BAH is a different story. Hopefully the Army will have his BAH figured out before his first payday. If not then it will also be pro-rated and paid the following payday. Dont plan on seeing the BAH on his first check. If you do then consider yourself lucky.
Tell you Soldier wr are proud of him and we will keep him in our prayers.
GOOD LUCK