View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 AM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729

You can do either, stay as a 35P or enlist as an 11B. If the 75th Ranger Regt. has intel MOSs then you should be good to go. If not or there are no slots available I can suggest you enlist as an 11B if you really want to be a Ranger & someday in SF.

I'm really not sure how SF handles prior service but new enlistees going in with an 18X contract must attend Infantry School & Airborne School before going to SFAS. He then gets trained in an 18-series MOS after the Q Course.

In my opinion if you want Ranger & later SF then it would seem that 11B is the way to go.

You're going to have to do some heavy research on that.

I'm not really sure either about going into the SF with the MOS of your choice. It's normally whichever 18-series MOS they need & the same is true of Language School. I would think that an MOS that you're already trained in would carry some weight but the MOS you hold now might have many variations from an 18 MOS.
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote