View Single Post

Old 12-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Private

drive on, man.
The key word there is 'serve'. That's all you need to think of. Your decision is one you'll never regret. Sometimes, I wish I'd gone Infantry... but, my job is just as important as yours, so I don't feel so bad about it.

Now... my family has been incredibly supportive of me. Most of all, my wife. I hate to say it, but if your family is trying to talk you out of it, you're gonna have to just force them to come to terms with the fact that you're old enough to make your own decisions. Serving in the military is one of the most noble, honorable, and rewarding choices you can make. Just do the right thing, and live by the core values. Everything else will fall into place, one way or another.

And, about the political crap... there are no Liberals or Conservatives on a battlefield... only enemies, and allies. Michael Moore has no idea what it's like to be a soldier, nor does he have any idea what it's like to be the leader of a nation. I have absolutely zero respect for that man, and the BS propaganda he spews out.
Don't let anyone sway your choice. You made the right one.