Thread: tuition money
View Single Post

Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
socrunk socrunk is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ft. Bliss, TX
Posts: 3

If you enlisted for 2 years right now you would get a lot of educational benefits. Upon enlistment you are entitled to tuition assistance which is currently set at $4500 per year. All you have to do is go to the educational center and pick a college you want to attend, fill out some forms, get your commander to sign the tuition assistance agreement, and you're done. With the new GI bill going into effect August 2009, you are not required to pay the $100 a month for 12 months anymore. Now your enrollment in the new gi bill program is based on time in service post September 11. If you do at least 36 months of active duty service, the new gi bill guarantees tuition for the most expensive state university in that state, a stipend for books, and BAH for that location.
Reply With Quote