View Single Post

Old 05-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to lilyOhio

its always the few that ruin it for the rest of us. i think all this news about mental illness and psychological problems in the military is why my parents are really skeptical about me joining. i keep telling them i have a good head on my shoulder and i am prepared to deal with whatever comes my way. i know its not all going to be pretty or fun and games. i think they forget that i went to school for photojournalism. photographers often witness some pretty ugly things, overseas and in the states. i know several professional photographers that are pretty messed up after seeing their fair share of dead bodies and other things like fires, car wrecks, etc. a friend of mine got an internship in flint and quit the profession because of the stuff he saw and had to photograph. hell, as a photographer i might have seen more combat situations than some of the MOS's do.