View Single Post

Old 07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Why do you always argue for argements sake???.....Look...our carriers made it through the cold war with the Soviets fine......do you think this was luck???...you have got to be more intelligent then that surley....Unless nations are ready for war they are not going to attack a ship like that......as for China or Russia attacking ......well yeah in the future.....maybe...who knows???....but we will cross that bridge when we come to it....who the f uck are you ...Mystic Meg??....Warships on the open ocean are ready for any eventuality...and its most poitent defence is its aircraft......

OK ive got a good one....... lets not bother buliding these ships incase they get attacked

its like not buying a Benz incase it gets into a traffic jam.....do you know the definition of WARSHIP???

Look at the Falklands conflict........we had the right things in place.....and no carrier got touched.....granted that was a conflict...and the carriers got protection

but hey.....we could always go into carrier protection aswell if you want???

........turn a corner man.... or jog on.......or at least be construtive if your ramberling
Thats what I was trying to tell him. That would be the dumbest mistake in Naval history. I couldnt imagine air craft carriers being unprotected at sea. That/s setting yourself up for failure. I don't believe countries are out to fail when they spend billions of dollars like that.