armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   for honor or for money (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335)

Dirtydave 01-20-2005 05:47 PM

for honor or for money

I have noticed talk about money... college payments, things like that. Is that ruely why everyone joins, is there no honor left. Do people no longer feel as though they must protect their loved ones, they just want money... please say something if I am wrong, but things are looking rather grim here. I mean no disrespect, I might just be taking things the wrong way

Firefox 01-21-2005 12:02 AM

Dirtydave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtydave
I have noticed talk about money... college payments, things like that. Is that ruely why everyone joins, is there no honor left. Do people no longer feel as though they must protect their loved ones, they just want money... please say something if I am wrong, but things are looking rather grim here. I mean no disrespect, I might just be taking things the wrong way

Yes indeed you have a point . but most people know nothing about honor. No PUN !

Once you server i mean you join the army you eventualy learn abit more about it. you learn why all this is needed and everything related to that.. most people do ask about college funds or University because they wish to get educated and nowadays this is one way people can actually afford to do it.. School is very expensive these day and not many people can afford it. this is a easy way to be able to get educated at the same time server your country..

Master CPL Forsyth :cool:

Georgia Peach 02-18-2005 09:33 AM

That's just Some People.

I know more than a few who are in the army for the honor. Its just that the money comes with the honor. Yes many people come in for the money and its not what they wanted so the get chaptered out or atricle 15 or something! But the peolpe who are in it and who are still in it for honor are the real heros and will always be the heros in my mind!! The people putting their life on the line are not doing that for the money. No amount of money is going to get people to put their life on the line and in other people's hands!! I don't want to be mean but if you are in the army for the money you have another thing coming! Do it for the honor!! If you dye for the money you are crazy but if you dye for the honor of serving the USA you are a hero!

I love yall And how that yall come home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

nikki707 02-18-2005 09:03 PM

My husband joined the military during a time of war. And it takes a lot more than money for some one to make that decision. And please, the money isn't that great anyways. :)

proud_one 02-19-2005 06:27 PM

yes i understand i am new do army ppl respond to our replys or forums?

Alfie the Elf 02-23-2005 01:52 PM

Honor???

The statement was made about ppl not knowing honor. I agree that most people DO NOT no what honor is. Parents of the people in my generation forgot a lot things to teach their children, having or know what honor is, is one of those things. It is a gimme, gimme society out there. And yes I am considering joining the Army and the funds to help pay for college is just a perk. I want to be able to say that I was able to serve my country and help protect the freedoms that I myself and those close to me enjoy.