armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Money and Finance (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BAH Question??? (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5208)

Spicy964 09-11-2007 12:12 AM

BAH Question???

Hello, I am wondering how do they judge who is eligible for BAH to live off base? Like can anyone get it if they choose to not live on base?

Someone please help... I am confused:confused:
:

Fireball 09-11-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ****y964 (Post 48946)
Hello, I am wondering how do they judge who is eligible for BAH to live off base? Like can anyone get it if they choose to not live on base?

Someone please help... I am confused:confused:
:

Some bases require you to live on housing while others don't... You should call the housing office of the post you will be stationed at. If the soldier is married and away at BCT/AIT you should qualify for BHA. There is a chart online that will determine it for you. I lived in TN and it was $892. I now live in TX and it is $862 (something like that). Anyway, should you need anything else feel free to email me or catch me on IM.

Fire

kmullins 09-11-2007 01:03 PM

some bases dont have houses on them, so ofcourse you would have to live offbase. i have heard most require newbies to live onbase. when you go to inprocess on your base, they will let ya know.

Kitika 09-11-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmullins (Post 48975)
some bases dont have houses on them, so ofcourse you would have to live offbase. i have heard most require newbies to live onbase. when you go to inprocess on your base, they will let ya know.

Theres an inprocess!? Ok what's that?:confused:

kmullins 09-12-2007 11:29 AM

fireball has just went through it so she may be better at explaining, but ill give it a try. i do remind you that ive never lived on a base yet. all my info on stuff like that comes from talking to people on here and reading info.

when you first go to your base, there is an office you will go to to fill out more papers. this will determine what kind of quarters you will need. if you have a family you will need to apply for a house. some bases have waiting list that can be up to a year long. where you go on this list depends on your rank and number of dependants. Fireball just posted and will be moving into her place i believe Monday, so that wait wasnt that bad.

Fireball 09-12-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmullins (Post 49013)
fireball has just went through it so she may be better at explaining, but ill give it a try. i do remind you that ive never lived on a base yet. all my info on stuff like that comes from talking to people on here and reading info.

when you first go to your base, there is an office you will go to to fill out more papers. this will determine what kind of quarters you will need. if you have a family you will need to apply for a house. some bases have waiting list that can be up to a year long. where you go on this list depends on your rank and number of dependants. Fireball just posted and will be moving into her place i believe Monday, so that wait wasnt that bad.

Girl I am off post... there is a 16-18 month wait.... Go figure... :rolleyes: This post doesn't make you live on or off post as a married couple.

Anyway, ****y and I have PMd more on the issue. Hopefully she's set! ;)

kmullins 09-13-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 49055)
Girl I am off post... there is a 16-18 month wait.... Go figure... :rolleyes: This post doesn't make you live on or off post as a married couple.
Anyway, ****y and I have PMd more on the issue. Hopefully she's set! ;)

thats a hell of a wait. dont know why i thought you already had a house on base? did you guess enroll for one when it comes up? hope J dont have a long drive to go to work.

Fireball 09-13-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmullins (Post 49067)
thats a hell of a wait. dont know why i thought you already had a house on base? did you guess enroll for one when it comes up? hope J dont have a long drive to go to work.

Yes, we signed up... We're hoping we'll get in at 12 months... no he will not have a drive... hence we are living in the nice part of the ghetto... rofl

kmullins 09-13-2007 01:48 PM

nothing like the ghetto!

Kitika 09-13-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 49072)
Yes, we signed up... We're hoping we'll get in at 12 months... no he will not have a drive... hence we are living in the nice part of the ghetto... rofl

First and foremost...theres a nice part of the Ghetto!? How did I not know this....!? And is housing really that bad? And or hard to get into on post?....Great...more stressing on my part now....:mad: :o