armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basic Training (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Words of advice for BCT. (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9287)

StrawberryShortcake 05-17-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinhim (Post 84497)
thats right...he didn't put the enters in the right place. but he got it correct word for word...

He actually missed a line, "I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself"

He also said "Army Value", when it's actually "Army Values"

missinhim 05-17-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 84519)
He actually missed a line, "I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself"

ohhhhh. haha i guess i didn't catch that! :D

JBizo 05-17-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 84519)

Damn! Good eye! I dunno about 8 million but ill definately give ya 40.

StrawberryShortcake 05-17-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 84578)
Damn! Good eye! I dunno about 8 million but ill definately give ya 40.

Lol, okay 40 sounds acceptable... BUT if you only do 40, you'll also have to run a mile.

griffin8685 05-17-2009 06:43 PM

well i had the same attitude and its good to have a positive attitude. just remember emotionally that it will all b over soon and ull b damn glad u toughed through it. u will become so homesick missing family and friends that ur heart will leterally hurt. ur chest will feel like its going to explode sometimes from the absence of others. the best thing to do is keep writing and keep motivated. some ppl say that bct goes really fast but for me one day felt like an eternity. my new born daughter cought pneumonia and i wasnt allowed to call and even check to c if she was ok. i cant describe the pain of not knowing if ur daughter is ok or not. at the same time i had a ds kicking me out of a chair and reinjuring my sciatic nerve all over again. i am going back but i will not b going back to fort knox. my platoons senior ds recieved an article 15 for kicking me and the company commander made me switch platoons. it sucked but i did survive and i will succeed next time cuz i will b extra careful not to get hurt and gain the outstanding attention of the lovely superiors.

JBizo 05-18-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin8685 (Post 84621)
well i had the same attitude and its good to have a positive attitude. just remember emotionally that it will all b over soon and ull b damn glad u toughed through it. u will become so homesick missing family and friends that ur heart will leterally hurt. ur chest will feel like its going to explode sometimes from the absence of others. the best thing to do is keep writing and keep motivated. some ppl say that bct goes really fast but for me one day felt like an eternity. my new born daughter cought pneumonia and i wasnt allowed to call and even check to c if she was ok. i cant describe the pain of not knowing if ur daughter is ok or not. at the same time i had a ds kicking me out of a chair and reinjuring my sciatic nerve all over again. i am going back but i will not b going back to fort knox. my platoons senior ds recieved an article 15 for kicking me and the company commander made me switch platoons. it sucked but i did survive and i will succeed next time cuz i will b extra careful not to get hurt and gain the outstanding attention of the lovely superiors.

Meh, I don't really get homesick and I don't really get heart hurt over not seeing my friends. I moved out of my hometown like 8 months ago and I rarely see them or talk to them as it is. BCT will be no different than things are right now..minus the DS and 3AM wake ups..lol

StrawberryShortcake 05-18-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 84663)
Meh, I don't really get homesick and I don't really get heart hurt over not seeing my friends. I moved out of my hometown like 8 months ago and I rarely see them or talk to them as it is. BCT will be no different than things are right now..minus the DS and 3AM wake ups..lol

You're in for a shock..

JBizo 05-18-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 84688)
You're in for a shock..

I doubt it. I've already been without my friends and family for 8 months. Sure I get to go back every so often but 2 months is not a very long time. Besides, I am more of a loner anyway.