armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Military Hardware, Gear and Technology (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Military dolls to promote Forces careers to children (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9220)

Spike 05-06-2009 05:01 PM

Military dolls to promote Forces careers to children

1 Attachment(s)
Last Updated: 4:42PM BST 06 May 2009

A new range of military action figures for children is to be launched on Wednesday.

The toys are intended to fill the gap in the market left by figures popular with youngsters in the past such as Action Man
The soldiers, sailors and pilots were designed by Character Options toy manufacturers in conjunction with the Army, Royal Navy and RAF to ensure the camouflage gear and weapons are authentic.
A total of 32 products will feature in the initial HM Armed Forces collection, including a Royal Marine Commando, an Army Infantryman and an RAF Fast Jet Pilot.
Vehicles will also be available, such as a tank with spring-powered gun, a vertical take-off and landing with opening ****pit for the pilot, retractable landing gear and detachable spring-loaded wing missiles and a remote control hovercraft which travels over water and land.
Further toys will be added to the range to provide children with the chance to play games and dress up, as well as a dedicated website.
The toys are intended to fill the gap in the market left by figures popular with youngsters in the past such as Action Man.
"Character Options is proud to unveil the new HM Armed Forces collection which promises to fill the significant void in the action figure market in recent years caused by the lack of authentic military-inspired toys," a spokesman for the company said.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said: "We are rightly proud to be celebrating our Armed Forces through the production of these new action figures.
"These toys showcase our people and equipment and this commercial recognition proves the high level support for our forces among the British public."

jrj1000 05-07-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 81981)
Last Updated: 4:42PM BST 06 May 2009

A new range of military action figures for children is to be launched on Wednesday.

The toys are intended to fill the gap in the market left by figures popular with youngsters in the past such as Action Man
The soldiers, sailors and pilots were designed by Character Options toy manufacturers in conjunction with the Army, Royal Navy and RAF to ensure the camouflage gear and weapons are authentic.
A total of 32 products will feature in the initial HM Armed Forces collection, including a Royal Marine Commando, an Army Infantryman and an RAF Fast Jet Pilot.
Vehicles will also be available, such as a tank with spring-powered gun, a vertical take-off and landing with opening ****pit for the pilot, retractable landing gear and detachable spring-loaded wing missiles and a remote control hovercraft which travels over water and land.
Further toys will be added to the range to provide children with the chance to play games and dress up, as well as a dedicated website.
The toys are intended to fill the gap in the market left by figures popular with youngsters in the past such as Action Man.
"Character Options is proud to unveil the new HM Armed Forces collection which promises to fill the significant void in the action figure market in recent years caused by the lack of authentic military-inspired toys," a spokesman for the company said.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said: "We are rightly proud to be celebrating our Armed Forces through the production of these new action figures.
"These toys showcase our people and equipment and this commercial recognition proves the high level support for our forces among the British public."

Time for you to save your pocket money spike........:D;)

Spike 05-07-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrj1000 (Post 82039)
Time for you to save your pocket money spike........:D;)

Why? can't you afford one?

jrj1000 05-08-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 82082)
Why? can't you afford one?

Touché......:)

Texas 05-08-2009 03:36 PM

I had one when I was kid along with airfix kits, toy guns etc. It does seem a little strange the Government financing this though....and abit two faced when you think about all the PC bull this government have inflicted upon us.

jrj1000 05-08-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas (Post 82254)
I had one when I was kid along with airfix kits, toy guns etc. It does seem a little strange the Government financing this though....and abit two faced when you think about all the PC bull this government have inflicted upon us.

GI Joe was pretty big when I was a nipper..and Airfix..My nephews still build Airfix now

Its a big contridiction by this government given some of the messages they try to send.

Labour are one big contridiction though.

Texas 05-08-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrj1000 (Post 82273)

Its a big contridiction by this government given some of the messages they try to send.

Labour are one big contridiction though.

They want it both ways....they don't make any sense at all

Spike 05-09-2009 08:32 AM

They had some anti war guy on the radio wondering when the government would do the casualty edition, limbless and wheel chair bound and the dead children accessories etc .....I shouldn't laugh but I did! :o

jrj1000 05-09-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 82335)
They had some anti war guy on the radio wondering when the government would do the casualty edition, limbless and wheel chair bound and the dead children accessories etc .....I shouldn't laugh but I did! :o

I would have been more surprise if you didnt laugh ...spike

Texas 05-09-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrj1000 (Post 82388)
I would have been more surprise if you didnt laugh ...spike

I heard that guy, it was on Radio 2....what a nob!