armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help and Assistance (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Just a few things... (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377)

Razell Dazzel 02-01-2005 11:31 AM

Just a few things...

Well i'm about to join the army, but a few questions remain . I have a hard time believing anything a recruiter tells me, since my friends that went in say they lie to get you to enlist. Was wondering if you get sent home after boot camp? Also when you finish boot camp and go to your job training, if you are single what kind of living conditions can I expect? And of course some also tell me that you wont get the job you want, they will stick you where they want you...is that true as well?

thanks for helping :o

1_of_an_army 02-03-2005 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razell Dazzel
Well i'm about to join the army, but a few questions remain . I have a hard time believing anything a recruiter tells me, since my friends that went in say they lie to get you to enlist. Was wondering if you get sent home after boot camp? Also when you finish boot camp and go to your job training, if you are single what kind of living conditions can I expect? And of course some also tell me that you wont get the job you want, they will stick you where they want you...is that true as well?

thanks for helping :o

My friends who have been in have told me the same thing about the lies. I say, who cares - as long as I am getting paid. If I get lied to, I'll not enlist again when I get out of my term.

Secondly, you get sent home I'm pretty sure. This is based on my family members that were in the military primarily the army. You haven't received training or anything. I am sure though that you are active and can probably be sent anywhere they want you to during that training.

I beleive Living quarters are the same as the non-single living quarters if they are available. Apartments, houses, etc. All paid for, all you have to pay for is stuff like cable, internet and stuff of that manner.

I am pretty sure that if you talk to your recruiter they can get you a "guarunteed" job, or whatever. I'm not sure they program. I think it's called PaYs. You are guarunteed your job before your train for it, then when you get done with training.. provided you pass all needed courses and training, etc.. that job is guarunteed to be there when you get done.

marymoss05 03-06-2005 08:38 PM

some army recruiters will tell you just about anything to try and get you to join.

you get 2 days in between basic and AIT but you can earn up to 4 days.

im not sure about housing, my husband is still in basic. im still trying to figure out what kind of housing is going to be available.

you can sign up for the job you want and they may even tell you that you'll get it but if they need you for a different job they can and will change it.

hope that helps you some with your questions, good luck!

withersdavid 03-13-2005 04:55 PM

my wife just graduated and we got 7 hours off post the day b4 graduation and 4 hours on post the day of graduation since she is a hold over.

I just got back yesterday.

The civilian husband