armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Reserves (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Help with a couple of questions?? (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8379)

AMartinez 03-30-2009 08:14 PM

Help with a couple of questions??

Hello!
My husband is still at basic for the Reserves. He joined up as 88m because he is not yet a citizen and couldn't get the job he really wanted because of the security clearance. We are of the understanding that if he is in the Reserves for a year then he is eligible to apply for citizenship (is this true?). His recruiter said that once he becomes a citizen, he could change his MOS. The main question is, if between the time he is eligible to apply for citizenship and the time he actually becomes a citizen, would he be able to change his MOS if he received deployment orders in that time (but had not yet been deployed?)
And is there a rotation schedule for reserve unit deployments? I have spoken with his unit administrator who said that he is part of a new detachment and that the unit his detachment is a part of just returned from Iraq. Didn't know if this meant anything concerning the amount of time he may have before receiving orders. His UA did say there was no deployment set at this time.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Armygirl4Ever 03-30-2009 08:31 PM

Being in the military does help speed up the process of citizenship. How fast depends on the individual.

As far as changing his MOS, in the Reserves it's different because his unit will have to approve that. There has to be a slot for him to move into with that MOS. A unit won't just send him to training for a new MOS unless it's going to benefit them. As far as the deployment goes...mission always comes first not matter what. Schools will be put on hold until after deployments.

Most units can tell you what their rotation schedule is.

reconmedik 03-31-2009 01:47 PM

Wha??

I havent seen a rotation schedule..Ever
Most units try to anticipate thier deployments based on what the DOD dwell time is. I can assure you that there are few units out there right now that have schedule in thier hot little hands that tells them the next time they will deploy.

reconmedik 04-08-2009 09:30 AM

Correction

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconmedik (Post 77942)

I havent seen a rotation schedule..Ever
Most units try to anticipate thier deployments based on what the DOD dwell time is. I can assure you that there are few units out there right now that have schedule in thier hot little hands that tells them the next time they will deploy.

I meant to say CANT tell you what thier rotation schedule is!!

Armygirl4Ever 04-08-2009 09:46 AM

Reserve units will know if they are due to come up or if they have been and where they fall in the stability aspect. That's what I meant by them being able to tell them. They will know if they have been called up or if they just got back.