armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Share Your Stories (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I'm Back ! (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6782)

82ndSniper 09-14-2008 04:59 AM

I'm Back !

I havn't posted since I left for meps in June.
I completed WTC; then went to fort Benning to do Infantry AIT.
I just completed the AIT which was right back at sand hill (the same place I did It 23 years ago).
At age 43 I was the oldest person in infantry AIT (earning lots of funny comments and jokes)
They had a lot of fun joking about my age, and I had a lot of fun helping them, teaching them, and earning their respect.
Everything is going GREAT for me.
I maxed my PT test - I got the base assignment I wanted - It looks like I might even get the unit assignment I hoped for.
I'll be going back to the 82nd replacment detachment on the 23rd, so I'll be right back in the 82nd Airborne after 20 years away:D

MSG Glenn 09-14-2008 10:14 AM

Congratulations, Sniper!!

I hope you get to go back home to the 82nd & looks like that's exactly what's going to happen.

The older you get the more fun it is to jump out of airplanes! If you go with the attitude that the majority of your life is behind you & if your main doesn't open you've still got your reserve & if that doesn't open screw it. Enjoy the ride down.

Fireball 09-14-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82ndSniper (Post 69110)
I just completed the AIT which was right back at sand hill (the same place I did It 23 years ago).
At age 43 I was the oldest person in infantry AIT (earning lots of funny comments and jokes)
They had a lot of fun joking about my age, and I had a lot of fun helping them, teaching them, and earning their respect.
I maxed my PT test - I got the base assignment I wanted - It looks like I might even get the unit assignment I hoped for.
I'll be going back to the 82nd replacment detachment on the 23rd, so I'll be right back in the 82nd Airborne after 20 years away:D

YAY! Congrats!

Exo1 09-18-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82ndSniper (Post 69110)

Awesome stuff 82nd... you did it with flying colours!!.. Best of luck for the rest of your career, keep us informed!!..

Best Regards
Exo..

esters45 12-27-2008 10:18 PM

congradulations man. Wish i had someone with me to help me out at basic. Battle Buddies arent always battle buddies.