armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help and Assistance (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hometown Recruiting (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9464)

LiHer82 05-22-2009 12:21 AM

Hometown Recruiting

My husband is currently doing hometown recruiting here in So. California. After his leave he has to report to S. Korea. Unfortunately they arranged for him to fly out of St. Louis airport, which means we have to purchase a ticket from here to St. Louis which makes no sense since So Cal is closer to S. Korea than St. Louis. I was wondering if there was a way that we can have his itinerary changed so that he can depart from here instead of St. Louis. Does anybody know who to contact to get that done? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Armygirl4Ever 05-22-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiHer82 (Post 85672)
My husband is currently doing hometown recruiting here in So. California. After his leave he has to report to S. Korea. Unfortunately they arranged for him to fly out of St. Louis airport, which means we have to purchase a ticket from here to St. Louis which makes no sense since So Cal is closer to S. Korea than St. Louis. I was wondering if there was a way that we can have his itinerary changed so that he can depart from here instead of St. Louis. Does anybody know who to contact to get that done? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

St. Louis is a main processing military operation to go to Korea. When we moved to Korea years ago we had to do the same thing, we had to fly from the West Coast to Saint Louis. The military charters entire flights and they base out of Saint Louis. The chances of you changing his itinerary are slim to none.

MSG Glenn 05-22-2009 06:15 AM

I'm almost positive - correct me if I'm wrong, ArmyGirl - that the flight from St. Louis to S. Korea is free, an Army charter. In that case it doesn't matter which embarkation point is closer. It will only cost you travel fare from the West Coast to St. Louis.

Armygirl4Ever 05-22-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG Glenn (Post 85686)
I'm almost positive - correct me if I'm wrong, ArmyGirl - that the flight from St. Louis to S. Korea is free, an Army charter. In that case it doesn't matter which embarkation point is closer. It will only cost you travel fare from the West Coast to St. Louis.

Yes, that is correct MSG Glenn.

LiHer82 05-22-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever (Post 85673)
St. Louis is a main processing military operation to go to Korea. When we moved to Korea years ago we had to do the same thing, we had to fly from the West Coast to Saint Louis. The military charters entire flights and they base out of Saint Louis. The chances of you changing his itinerary are slim to none.

Darn! I wish there was a way around it.