armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basic Training (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Words of advice for BCT. (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9287)

JBizo 05-11-2009 12:19 PM

Words of advice for BCT.

Well the time is approaching rapidly. 20090610 I will be shipping to Ft. Knox, KY for BCT.

I know what I need to bring and what not to bring and all that jazz. Basically I know what BCT will be like with a lot of hurry up and wait at first...followed by some intrusive medical stuff and then a lot of physical/mental stress.

Just wanting some general advice on how to approach things to help get me through. I would like some philosphy in terms of how things work. It will help me get through it.

Thanks in advance.

reconmedik 05-11-2009 02:37 PM

Advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82600)
Well the time is approaching rapidly. 20090610 I will be shipping to Ft. Knox, KY for BCT.

I know what I need to bring and what not to bring and all that jazz. Basically I know what BCT will be like with a lot of hurry up and wait at first...followed by some intrusive medical stuff and then a lot of physical/mental stress.

Just wanting some general advice on how to approach things to help get me through. I would like some philosphy in terms of how things work. It will help me get through it.

Thanks in advance.

HEAD DOWN....MOUTH SHUT....EAR'S OPEN...LESSON COMPLETE!!! WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS?

As far as the "intrusive medical" stuff, just look for the Dr. with the shortest fingers and smallest knuckles!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JBizo 05-11-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconmedik (Post 82619)
HEAD DOWN....MOUTH SHUT....EAR'S OPEN...LESSON COMPLETE!!! WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS?

As far as the "intrusive medical" stuff, just look for the Dr. with the shortest fingers and smallest knuckles!!!!!

LMFAO @ the smallest knuckles!

What I meant by my original post was. What should I say to myself each day as I wake that will keep me motivated, focused, and in the right frame of mind. I mean, basic is all about breaking and rebuilding each recruit. So, just as the DS has a method to do so...what would my method or motto be?

Oh, and about the medical stuff. I'm a fairly tough guy when it comes to most things..but I am a lil sissy when it comes to needles. Especially the one full of penicillin that they are gonna jab in my rear. :(

raynate2022 05-11-2009 03:47 PM

I'm right with you, needles make me run, Haha. But Haven't being to BCT myself yet, the only advice I can give is what I've read. Just do what your told as soon as you're told to do it and keep telling yourself that thought this may be the worst thing you've ever been though, you will come out of it a much better person both mentally and physically. And best of luck to you!

Gunbunny13 05-11-2009 03:47 PM

The first thing you need to remember is, your not alone. There will a whole platoon of guys who think that they are the only one being yelled at, deprived of sleep, starved, it goes on and on. There are only 24 hours in a day and you get to sleep for 8 of those. You will get through it. There is nothing going on there that hundreds of thousands haven't already done before you got there. They did it, you can too.
Some things you should know are, Ft. Knox gets hot and humid in the summer. The Ohio river is less than 10 miles north as the crow flies from post. The soil is red, Wilson Rd is the street you'll be looking at, the barrack's are older but, the training is state of the art and up to date.
DON'T PANIC!

JBizo 05-11-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 (Post 82626)
The first thing you need to remember is, your not alone. There will a whole platoon of guys who think that they are the only one being yelled at, deprived of sleep, starved, it goes on and on. There are only 24 hours in a day and you get to sleep for 8 of those. You will get through it. There is nothing going on there that hundreds of thousands haven't already done before you got there. They did it, you can too.
Some things you should know are, Ft. Knox gets hot and humid in the summer. The Ohio river is less than 10 miles north as the crow flies from post. The soil is red, Wilson Rd is the street you'll be looking at, the barrack's are older but, the training is state of the art and up to date.
DON'T PANIC!

Yeah, thats what I tell myself when I think of the few things I know are coming that I am not too thrilled about. Other people did it...people I know too and sme of them I would even consider bigger sissies than myself.

For the most part, I can handle being yelled at, my father broke me in pretty damn well. The hot and humid is no problem. I live in FL so hot and humid is normal.

What do you mean by the bolded though?

MSG Glenn 05-12-2009 07:58 AM

Pay strict attention to detail. Listen very carefully to what your DS says in his calm, sweet , kind voice. :D

Gunbunny13 05-12-2009 09:11 AM

The only other thing I can suggest is to try not to get a bunk close to or looking straight at the door.

as for your question, I'm an Artillery NCO, I always have a good sense of North. The Ohio River is a pretty good landmark.

68Whiskey 05-12-2009 01:12 PM

You will be fine man. Just try to picture yourself after AIT. That's gonna be my motivational tool.

StrawberryShortcake 05-12-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82620)

What I meant by my original post was. What should I say to myself each day as I wake that will keep me motivated, focused, and in the right frame of mind. I mean, basic is all about breaking and rebuilding each recruit. So, just as the DS has a method to do so...what would my method or motto be?

Oh, and about the medical stuff. I'm a fairly tough guy when it comes to most things..but I am a lil sissy when it comes to needles. Especially the one full of penicillin that they are gonna jab in my rear. :(

Think "I'm going to have a six pack. **** yeah!"
"girls like men in uniform! **** yeah!"
"This is going to look hella good on a job application."
"Sex is going to be awesome after months of being deprived of everything but my hand!"

JBizo 05-12-2009 02:29 PM

Meh, I might already have a 6 pack.
Meh, I look good without the uniform.
Meh, chicks already sig me.
Meh, fvck work!
Meh, I like my hand..it doesn't make me cuddle afterwards. ;)

LOL

Nah, seriously. I will recite these every morning at BCT.

missinhim 05-12-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82849)
Meh, fvck work!

LOL

hahaha. you probly will to! each morning i can here you saying these to your self!

JBizo 05-12-2009 02:33 PM

http://michiganredneck.files.wordpre...ey-posters.jpg

StrawberryShortcake 05-12-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82849)
Meh, fvck work!

LOL

You might have a 6 pack? There is no might.. you either do or don't.. If you already have one, you'll have that sex cut bahaha.

Uniforms make you seem reliable and stable.. Strong and safe to be with.

Chicks will generally like you more if you're a badass with a cool uniform and a gun.

Work may not be fun, but this will get you a better paycheck.

Your hand is just your hand.. And some day, you'll want to cuddle. I won't get too sappy though, it might bother you. :p

JBizo 05-12-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 82861)
You might have a 6 pack? There is no might.. you either do or don't.. If you already have one, you'll have that sex cut bahaha.

Uniforms make you seem reliable and stable.. Strong and safe to be with.

Chicks will generally like you more if you're a badass with a cool uniform and a gun.

Work may not be fun, but this will get you a better paycheck.

Your hand is just your hand.. And some day, you'll want to cuddle. I won't get too sappy though, it might bother you. :p

I do have a 6 pack. It's just hidden at the moment.

An Armani suit would probably seem even more stable and reliable.

What about the guns I already own?

I'm taking a paycut to join the military.

My hand is so angry I had to force it to type back to you. Our relationship is just fine TYVM.

StrawberryShortcake 05-12-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82863)
I do have a 6 pack. It's just hidden at the moment.

An Armani suit would probably seem even more stable and reliable.

What about the guns I already own?

I'm taking a paycut to join the military.

My hand is so angry I had to force it to type back to you. Our relationship is just fine TYVM.

Ah, it's hidden by your gut, aka your shield for your 6 pack..

An Armani suit makes you look frivolous. It doesn't make you look like you're safe to be with, or like you're some kind of badass.

The guns you own already don't matter. The uniform-training-cool gun combination is really what matters..

You're taking a paycut, but you're probably getting better benefits. Makes you look like a better husband candidate in many cases (except mine. Mike could be a bum, I'd love him just the same.)

I'm going to kill your hand muahahhaha

JBizo 05-12-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 82864)
An Armani suit makes you look [b]successful[/b[. It doesn't make you look like you're safe to be with, or like you're some kind of badass...but chicks would rather have money anyways

Fixed. :D

And you're not gonna wanna talk to my hand that way when it gets back from BCT...it will be a lethal weapon.

StrawberryShortcake 05-12-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82868)

And you're not gonna wanna talk to my hand that way when it gets back from BCT...it will be a lethal weapon.

Um, no. Those are not chicks, they're dirty ****s. That is almost equivalent to prostitution.

If Mike and I were broke, I wouldn't care. As long as we weren't starving and we weren't living check by check it wouldn't be an issue at all. Simple living is better. Even if we were living check by check, I wouldn't jump at some guy with cash, I'd fix the problem..

****s piss me off, they give us all a bad reputation.

& Your hand will be spitting radioactive jizz at people.

68Whiskey 05-13-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82868)

LMAO. Might want to warn your friend down south then. ;)

reconmedik 05-13-2009 01:06 PM

What to say to yourself

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82620)

Just remember the Drill Sgt cant kill you or eat you...okay he can kill you but he wont eat you...probably:rolleyes:

JBizo 05-13-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconmedik (Post 83061)
Just remember the Drill Sgt cant kill you or eat you...okay he can kill you but he wont eat you...probably:rolleyes:

Oh noes. I am worried now...I taste like chicken! :eek::eek::eek:

68Whiskey 05-13-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83063)

Start taking some hormones. Maybe it'll affect the way you taste. ;)

JBizo 05-13-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Whiskey (Post 83065)
Start taking some hormones. Maybe it'll affect the way you taste. ;)

But then I might turn back into a woman! :(

68Whiskey 05-13-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83068)
But then I might turn back into a woman! :(

LMAO. But there's only a 98% chance that might happen. ;)

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83063)

Your girlfriend told me you taste like badly cooked fish. :p

JBizo 05-14-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83392)
Your girlfriend told me you taste like badly cooked fish. :p

Thats only after I've been surfing.

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83396)
Thats only after I've been surfing.

She told me she would say that..

She says that it's not just after you surf.. that you always smell like badly cooked fish and you're full of smeg..

I am officially disgusting.

JBizo 05-14-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83407)
She told me she would say that..

She says that it's not just after you surf.. that you always smell like badly cooked fish and you're full of smeg..

I am officially disgusting.

Yeah, you are disgusting :D:p

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83409)
Yeah, you are disgusting :D:p

Awesome, it's been my lifelong goal to be disgusting!

JBizo 05-14-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83416)
Awesome, it's been my lifelong goal to be disgusting!

Wow you've obtained your goal at such a young age. Impressive.

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83417)
Wow you've obtained your goal at such a young age. Impressive.

I tend to impress people. It's my only talent.. :o

JBizo 05-14-2009 03:07 PM

Or its because your repulsive.

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83419)
Or its because your repulsive.

Hmm..

Maybe..

JBizo 05-14-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83429)
Hmm..

Maybe..

Maybe? Thats it? You're losing your fiestyness. You know your pretty...give me hell for thinking any different.

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83431)
Maybe? Thats it? You're losing your fiestyness. You know your pretty...give me hell for thinking any different.

I know I'm losing it.. The thing is that I'm really exhausted. I'm on a few hours of sleep, I can't think straight. I can't focus on anything for long right now...

JBizo 05-14-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83434)
I know I'm losing it.. The thing is that I'm really exhausted. I'm on a few hours of sleep, I can't think straight. I can't focus on anything for long right now...

Sooo go beddy-by. :cool:

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83435)
Sooo go beddy-by. :cool:

"I hear them talking to me and the demons stalking me running in between my thoughts and dreams I think they haunting me,
Got me sweatin got me stressin,
Wake up in the woods with a Smith and Wesson, buck naked, countin blessins, blood so close with no confessions,
I don't know what it is that's livin in my nightmares,
I don't know what it is that's bringin all these night scares...

I dont wanna sleep i can't even close my eyes,
I don't wanna dream every night somebody dies,
I don't wanna think what's the truth behind these lies?
I don't wanna hear the screams and I don't wanna hear the cries"

JBizo 05-14-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83440)
"I hear them talking to me and the demons stalking me running in between my thoughts and dreams I think they haunting me,
Got me sweatin got me stressin,
Wake up in the woods with a Smith and Wesson, buck naked, countin blessins, blood so close with no confessions,
I don't know what it is that's livin in my nightmares,
I don't know what it is that's bringin all these night scares...

I dont wanna sleep i can't even close my eyes,
I don't wanna dream every night somebody dies,
I don't wanna think what's the truth behind these lies?
I don't wanna hear the screams and I don't wanna hear the cries"

:confused: Take a xanax and then go to sleep? :cool:

StrawberryShortcake 05-14-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 83441)
:confused: Take a xanax and then go to sleep? :cool:

I don't have any.. And Xanax doesn't put you to sleep....

Maybe some of my favorite substance??

JBizo 05-14-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake (Post 83446)
I don't have any.. And Xanax doesn't put you to sleep....

Maybe some of my favorite substance??

Xanax definitely puts you to sleep. Unless you drink with it.

and some of that would probably work too.