armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basic Training (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Words of advice for BCT. (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9287)

JBizo 05-11-2009 12:19 PM

Words of advice for BCT.
 
Well the time is approaching rapidly. 20090610 I will be shipping to Ft. Knox, KY for BCT.

I know what I need to bring and what not to bring and all that jazz. Basically I know what BCT will be like with a lot of hurry up and wait at first...followed by some intrusive medical stuff and then a lot of physical/mental stress.

Just wanting some general advice on how to approach things to help get me through. I would like some philosphy in terms of how things work. It will help me get through it.

Thanks in advance.

reconmedik 05-11-2009 02:37 PM

Advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82600)
Well the time is approaching rapidly. 20090610 I will be shipping to Ft. Knox, KY for BCT.

I know what I need to bring and what not to bring and all that jazz. Basically I know what BCT will be like with a lot of hurry up and wait at first...followed by some intrusive medical stuff and then a lot of physical/mental stress.

Just wanting some general advice on how to approach things to help get me through. I would like some philosphy in terms of how things work. It will help me get through it.

Thanks in advance.

HEAD DOWN....MOUTH SHUT....EAR'S OPEN...LESSON COMPLETE!!! WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS?

As far as the "intrusive medical" stuff, just look for the Dr. with the shortest fingers and smallest knuckles!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JBizo 05-11-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconmedik (Post 82619)
HEAD DOWN....MOUTH SHUT....EAR'S OPEN...LESSON COMPLETE!!! WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS?

As far as the "intrusive medical" stuff, just look for the Dr. with the shortest fingers and smallest knuckles!!!!!

LMFAO @ the smallest knuckles!

What I meant by my original post was. What should I say to myself each day as I wake that will keep me motivated, focused, and in the right frame of mind. I mean, basic is all about breaking and rebuilding each recruit. So, just as the DS has a method to do so...what would my method or motto be?

Oh, and about the medical stuff. I'm a fairly tough guy when it comes to most things..but I am a lil sissy when it comes to needles. Especially the one full of penicillin that they are gonna jab in my rear. :(

raynate2022 05-11-2009 03:47 PM

I'm right with you, needles make me run, Haha. But Haven't being to BCT myself yet, the only advice I can give is what I've read. Just do what your told as soon as you're told to do it and keep telling yourself that thought this may be the worst thing you've ever been though, you will come out of it a much better person both mentally and physically. And best of luck to you!

Gunbunny13 05-11-2009 03:47 PM

The first thing you need to remember is, your not alone. There will a whole platoon of guys who think that they are the only one being yelled at, deprived of sleep, starved, it goes on and on. There are only 24 hours in a day and you get to sleep for 8 of those. You will get through it. There is nothing going on there that hundreds of thousands haven't already done before you got there. They did it, you can too.
Some things you should know are, Ft. Knox gets hot and humid in the summer. The Ohio river is less than 10 miles north as the crow flies from post. The soil is red, Wilson Rd is the street you'll be looking at, the barrack's are older but, the training is state of the art and up to date.
DON'T PANIC!

JBizo 05-11-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 (Post 82626)
The first thing you need to remember is, your not alone. There will a whole platoon of guys who think that they are the only one being yelled at, deprived of sleep, starved, it goes on and on. There are only 24 hours in a day and you get to sleep for 8 of those. You will get through it. There is nothing going on there that hundreds of thousands haven't already done before you got there. They did it, you can too.
Some things you should know are, Ft. Knox gets hot and humid in the summer. The Ohio river is less than 10 miles north as the crow flies from post. The soil is red, Wilson Rd is the street you'll be looking at, the barrack's are older but, the training is state of the art and up to date.
DON'T PANIC!

Yeah, thats what I tell myself when I think of the few things I know are coming that I am not too thrilled about. Other people did it...people I know too and sme of them I would even consider bigger sissies than myself.

For the most part, I can handle being yelled at, my father broke me in pretty damn well. The hot and humid is no problem. I live in FL so hot and humid is normal.

What do you mean by the bolded though?

MSG Glenn 05-12-2009 07:58 AM

Pay strict attention to detail. Listen very carefully to what your DS says in his calm, sweet , kind voice. :D

Gunbunny13 05-12-2009 09:11 AM

The only other thing I can suggest is to try not to get a bunk close to or looking straight at the door.

as for your question, I'm an Artillery NCO, I always have a good sense of North. The Ohio River is a pretty good landmark.

68Whiskey 05-12-2009 01:12 PM

You will be fine man. Just try to picture yourself after AIT. That's gonna be my motivational tool.

StrawberryShortcake 05-12-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizo (Post 82620)
LMFAO @ the smallest knuckles!

What I meant by my original post was. What should I say to myself each day as I wake that will keep me motivated, focused, and in the right frame of mind. I mean, basic is all about breaking and rebuilding each recruit. So, just as the DS has a method to do so...what would my method or motto be?

Oh, and about the medical stuff. I'm a fairly tough guy when it comes to most things..but I am a lil sissy when it comes to needles. Especially the one full of penicillin that they are gonna jab in my rear. :(

Think "I'm going to have a six pack. **** yeah!"
"girls like men in uniform! **** yeah!"
"This is going to look hella good on a job application."
"Sex is going to be awesome after months of being deprived of everything but my hand!"


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.