armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   germany and deployment (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4379)

military wife 03-27-2007 04:35 PM

germany and deployment
 
My husband is staiond in Germany an dwill possibly go to Iraq this fall. If my child and I go to Germany will we be stuck if he is deployed to Iraq? Will the army allow us to leave or not. I keep hearing different answeres. Someone please help.

Tacky 03-27-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by military wife (Post 39274)
My husband is staiond in Germany an dwill possibly go to Iraq this fall. If my child and I go to Germany will we be stuck if he is deployed to Iraq? Will the army allow us to leave or not. I keep hearing different answeres. Someone please help.

You can do whatever you want, stay in Germany or move back to the states. Your choice.

Salaofoz 06-12-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by military wife (Post 39274)
My husband is staiond in Germany an dwill possibly go to Iraq this fall. If my child and I go to Germany will we be stuck if he is deployed to Iraq? Will the army allow us to leave or not. I keep hearing different answeres. Someone please help.

>.> I hope my Fiance gets stationed in germany, But my question is, DId your husband find out after AIT or durring where he wil be stationed? I'm curious to know,

Fireball 06-17-2007 06:34 AM

germany and deployment
 
Hi,

I have been struggling with that decision. My hubby is in AIT right now and any minute we'll get our orders. Most of them have been told that they will be deployed in November or so for a middle east assignment. Of course, we expected that - however, I am having a hard time deciding with whether I want to stay near family or stay on post where ever we are stationed when he is deployed. I am pregnant and have two kids. I would like to stay near family for the kids to be close to cousins... but I don't know if it would be the kind of support system needed during deployment. I have heard lots of different people talk about their experiences on post vs. at home. It seems to be split 50/50. Either people love the support on post more so than home... or vis versa.

Good luck with everything. Let me know how it goes. :) By the way, my SIL lived in Germany during her hubby's deployment. She loved it over there. What a neat station.

Fireball:D

kmullins 06-21-2007 09:54 AM

first you husband will have to go to the base alone and get on the list for a home. the waiting list can very in time from weeks to months ar more. this veries from base to base. dont worry about it to much, he may be deployed before you have a home and then you will just stay home with your family.

Mrs.Wills 10-06-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salaofoz (Post 43673)
>.> I hope my Fiance gets stationed in germany, But my question is, DId your husband find out after AIT or durring where he wil be stationed? I'm curious to know,

we found out AFTER he graduated basic and AIT where my hubby was going (it was Germany)

Fireball 10-06-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills (Post 50784)
we found out AFTER he graduated basic and AIT where my hubby was going (it was Germany)

Usually you find out during AIT -- because you head to that station right after AIT. (Give or take a few weeks)

Mrs.Wills 10-07-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 50789)
Usually you find out during AIT -- because you head to that station right after AIT. (Give or take a few weeks)


well i dont know exactly when he found out but he told me on family day when my mother and i drove up to pick him up and watch him graduate... hey i have a question can i join after i have a baby????

Fireball 10-07-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills (Post 50843)

well i dont know exactly when he found out but he told me on family day when my mother and i drove up to pick him up and watch him graduate... hey i have a question can i join after i have a baby????

I do not know how that works... two army parents with kids... I know they have them. The few people I know were already active duty and got married to people they served with and then had kids... never have met anyone in your situation. Someone on here may know... or contact a recruiter.

Mrs.Wills 10-08-2007 07:41 AM

yeah someone answerd on a different thread... i would basically have to sign my rights over... my i would leave the baby with my husband... i DONT KNOW if thats what i am going to do (i know it would be hard to be away from the baby) but yeah thanks anyways but my question was answerd


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.