armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Aloha fr Hawaii (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9265)

frrimos4 05-08-2009 10:38 PM

Aloha fr Hawaii

Aloha
Just wanna say hi to everyone out there. I'm super excited. I leave for bct June 1st, 2 days b4 my bday, yeah!!!
Just have a couple of questions.
During training, does everyone get up at the same time or are we allowed to get up earlier to brush our teeth and what not?
As for the showers, (that I'm dreading:eek:) do we have to shower at a certain time and all at once?
And the workouts, do we bring our own socks and shoes?
Any advices is much appreciated!!
Mahalo!!!

jrj1000 05-09-2009 10:17 AM

Aloha...Greetings from England..Welcome to the site :)

Everyone gets up at the same time...matters of personal hygiene are taken into account and you will be given enough time to carry it them out(washing/shaving/brushing teeth)

Showers are shared in the British Army...you can get private showers it depends on a few things..Im not sure about the US but I imagine it would be the same over there

Maybe an American member could correct me if Im wrong.

Your recruiter should give you a list of what you need to take to basic...there is a list on these forums somewhere.

If you cant find it....just contact your recruiter and he will give you it.

Once again welcome

Armygirl4Ever 05-09-2009 07:27 PM

As far as personal hygiene, there is designated time like jrj1000 mentioned and trust me, you will take advantage of every minute you can get.

Yes, at basic training, most areas have community showers and there is designated time for personal hygiene. The Army is constantly updating so you may luck out and get shower stalls.

Yes, you will have your own shoes and socks.

StrawberryShortcake 05-10-2009 09:08 PM

Welcome :)

From what I've heard, you all get up at the same time. Trust me, once you start, you won't want to get up any earlier than you already have to.

And yes, you have your own socks and stuff.. You'll get a list of all the things you need to bring with you from your recruiter before you ship out.

Good luck :D

kersey1 05-16-2009 10:02 PM

Welcome, I have freinds tell me when they where on fire whatch they did there laundry and stuff they need to get done.

missinhim 05-16-2009 11:02 PM

aloha dude!

Exo1 05-17-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frrimos4 (Post 82303)
Aloha
Just wanna say hi to everyone out there. I'm super excited. I leave for bct June 1st, 2 days b4 my bday, yeah!!!
Just have a couple of questions.
During training, does everyone get up at the same time or are we allowed to get up earlier to brush our teeth and what not?
As for the showers, (that I'm dreading:eek:) do we have to shower at a certain time and all at once?
And the workouts, do we bring our own socks and shoes?
Any advices is much appreciated!!
Mahalo!!!

ALoha Dude!!.. If you are shy in the shower, just throw off the inhabition and get a shower dude, its 30 seconds anyway when you are in training so you are always superfast... Bring GOOD running shoes, Nike Air or something with aircoushions in it to reduce the risk of silly injuiry to knees or ankles when out running... Cotton socks always, no nylon... you feet with thank you later..... Oh, and metholated spirits once a day on your feet (just dabb it on) for 10 days before training will harden them up and reduce the likelihood of blisters in boots or out running especially in hot climates.... Good luck to ya... and remember the golden rule of training, "train as hard as you wanna fight".... keep your head down and listen to your instructors.. dont take the yelling personally cos its not personal... they are preparing you for Army life and war so accept the new reality of breakdown as a civvi and build up as a solder, and you will not go wrong..

Exo

frrimos4 05-19-2009 04:39 PM

Thanks to everyone for replying, but Im not a dude. I'm a chicka.lol
I should of mention it.
3rd generation and proud of it!!

JBizo 05-19-2009 04:50 PM

Where are you going to basic?

frrimos4 05-19-2009 05:08 PM

Fort Jackson, SC
on my bday!!

JBizo 05-19-2009 05:12 PM

Awesome. Good luck!