armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Army.com News & Announcements (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Banned (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7458)

Grimm 12-29-2008 04:51 PM

Banned

I have had several emails today of persons that were banned from the site. In my never ending fight against spam and the cowardly, spineless, garbage souled nitwits that propagate it, this error popped up. I have gone in and reversed the error for 99% of the affected persons, and if you have been banned then just email me and I will work on clearing it up.

I will be working over the next year on writing some new applications to automatically ban spammers and not allow registration based on an ever evolving algorithm. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of spam that we receive every day and the flood of spammers trying to sign up for this site.

I hope every one had a great Christmas and I hope you all have a Happy New Year also. May the next year be the best ever.

Let me know if there are any problems and we will see what we can do to fix it. As always please feel free to mingle and debate (read argue). But please try to be civil. Have a wonderful time at your new years party.

Grimm

scconwill 12-29-2008 05:01 PM

you lost me at "evolving algorithm" I'm sure glad we got cable apes lake yall on our side hahaha:D
Hope you had a good one my friend

MSG Glenn 01-01-2009 08:39 AM

After all this time I'm STILL not banned. What am I doing wrong??

Got banned from a treasure hunting site once for calling the Admin an old hippie communist pinko for putting a lot of anti Bush & anti military rubbish on the forum. I had the audacity to ask him just what in the heck that had to do with metal detecting. Then I started calling him names. It turns out about 8 of us were banned at the same time although there may be more because all the replies were deleted.

jrj1000 01-02-2009 03:41 AM

I got banned from a pub in Germany a few years back....does that count?

MSG Glenn 01-02-2009 07:17 AM

That sure does count, jrj! Is that the reason you quit drinking? The next pub is 50 miles away?

You probably pinched the barmaid on the bottom.

jrj1000 01-03-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG Glenn (Post 73683)
That sure does count, jrj! Is that the reason you quit drinking? The next pub is 50 miles away?

You probably pinched the barmaid on the bottom.

LOL....Nah.... the landlord had a very big mouth so I expressed myself...him and some of the regulars didnt like it...Theres not many things people can say that really sparks my fuse....but the man pushed the wrong buttons that day

VoiceoftheVoiceless 01-03-2009 07:47 AM

I got banned from a football forum but made a new account after .... :D

jrj1000 01-03-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoiceoftheVoiceless (Post 73785)
I got banned from a football forum but made a new account after .... :D

Why were you spouting **** on there aswell?:o

Chaotic 01-04-2009 04:40 PM

i got banned from a waffle house for trying to stab a guy with a fork

SniperAlpha1 01-04-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotic (Post 73969)
i got banned from a waffle house for trying to stab a guy with a fork

That's really not something to share...