armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Soldiers don't curse like sailors. (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5244)

Grimm 09-17-2007 12:49 PM

Soldiers don't curse like sailors.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been brought to my attention that many of our users are starting to slip in the verbal civility area. Many of you know that young people come here for advice and encouragement. We don't want them to leave with our bad habits. We have a bad word filter for a reason, mainly we want parents to be comfortable with their children coming to this site. Please if you feel the need to let off some of your steam verbally use the asterisks, and let the rest of us use our imaginations. I brought this up a couple of months ago and it seemed like a good time to bring it up again. I like our online family to self police but that means you have to police yourself.

I knew you would all understand. Have fun and don't forget to use the ****** ****** *** **** asterisks.

Grimm

Exo1 09-17-2007 01:17 PM

Fair point Grimm... Ill lay off the ****ing cursing!!......:o

Chuck 09-17-2007 03:13 PM

Yeh we gotta watch that with the kids. My daughters growing up so quick these days. I tell ya:)

God bless you all

Tacky 09-17-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 49366)
Yeh we gotta watch that with the kids. My daughters growing up so quick these days. I tell ya:)

God bless you all

What's up with that death trap they call the Osprey you have you in your avatar? ;)

Zidane 09-17-2007 06:55 PM

But...What will I do whilst I smoke Cuban cigars?

Chuck 09-18-2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacky (Post 49373)
What's up with that death trap they call the Osprey you have you in your avatar? ;)

That there is the most expensive hedge cutter in the world :D
Seriously though its faster than a helicopter in plane mode and can pull more so you guys will be usin them soon if not already;) UK are buyin them too I believe.

God bless you all

Tacky 09-18-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 49387)
That there is the most expensive hedge cutter in the world :D
Seriously though its faster than a helicopter in plane mode and can pull more so you guys will be usin them soon if not already;) UK are buyin them too I believe.

God bless you all

Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-cursing discussion. :D

Chuck 09-18-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacky (Post 49391)
Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

No I aint flown in one. Are they really that bad? Bell have piled a **** load of money into that project. They do look .... out of proportion:o I guess thats what happens when the design engineers don't communicate with the end user!.....Boy that Sounds familar:rolleyes:

Exo1 09-18-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacky (Post 49391)

Oh **** Tacky.. your ******* right... I cant belive the would build a piece of **** without asking the Army... what a ******* shock!!.. :D :D

Tiny Texas 09-18-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm (Post 49353)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been brought to my attention that many of our users are starting to slip in the verbal civility area. Many of you know that young people come here for advice and encouragement. We don't want them to leave with our bad habits. We have a bad word filter for a reason, mainly we want parents to be comfortable with their children coming to this site. Please if you feel the need to let off some of your steam verbally use the asterisks, and let the rest of us use our imaginations. I brought this up a couple of months ago and it seemed like a good time to bring it up again. I like our online family to self police but that means you have to police yourself.

I knew you would all understand. Have fun and don't forget to use the ****** ****** *** **** asterisks.

Grimm

**** does mean we can't ****in swear anymore:(