Education : Veterans Administration Education Benefits
Email This Story Print This Story

Use Your AARTS To Obtain College Credit.

Click here for more programs from the Veterans Administration.

If you are a veteran, reservist, or currently enlisted servicemember of the Army or Army National Guard, and are planning on attending college now or upon separation, the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) is available to help you receive college credits for the military training and coursework you completed during active duty.

For more than a half century, the Military Evaluations program of ACE has been evaluating formal military courses and occupations in terms of their equivalent academic credit. The results of these evaluations are published every two years in The Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services, the standard reference tool used by colleges and universities for awarding college credits for military training.

AARTS transcripts offer a consolidated record of the servicememberís experiences, from courses, to examinations, to military occupations. The transcripting process is fully automated, combining course and occupation evaluations with college credit recommendation from the Guide with data from official military service training and personnel records.

Servicemembers are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to receive college credits for their completed military training, and all of it is free of charge. Before you separate from the Army, you should request an AARTS transcript containing your military educational experiences.

AARTS Eligibility and Transcripts
AARTS is currently available to Army personnel only. You are eligible for an AARTS transcript if you meet any of the following criteria:

  • Regular Army: You are or have been enlisted with the Regular Army.
  • Army National Guard (to include AGR members of the Army National Guard): You are or have been enlisted with the Army National Guard.
  • US Army Reserve (to include AGR members of the Army Reserve): You are or have been enlisted with the Army Reserve.
  • You are an officer/warrant officer with prior enlisted service that meets any of the above criteria. (Please note: only your enlisted training and experience will be included on your AARTS transcript. This policy is subject to change pending the addition of officer and warrant officer information.)

  • AARTS transcripts may be ordered for personal use or as an official copy to be sent directly to the college or university of your choice. Completed transcript requests are processed promptly, usually within 48 hours of receipt.

    A completed Request Form DA5454R must be submitted to the AARTS Operations Center either by postal mail:

    AARTS Operations Center
    298 Grant Avenue
    Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1254


    (913) 684-9499 or DSN 552-9499


    Go to NEXT PAGE


    Education Topics of Interest:

    This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.